When you need Him there...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A heart is something very fragile: one wrong word, and it shatters to pieces. I have found that not only does it hurt really bad when a family member, friend, or anyone you care about, says something heartbreaking to you, but also when you say something to them. Your realization at this pain will be like a bright light when you first open your eyes in the morning;  that you have such a terribly creative mind to think of something that crude, and say it to a loved-one. 


If you use the words that I once used, this is what can happen.


The first time, your face will be ashen, you will be ashamed, when you said "hate" for the first time in your life to your sister. Then it gets worse. Whenever you are mad at her, the word "hate" pushes itself out of your lips, the devil is inside of you. Before you know it, you could end up hating everyone and everything, even yourself. Hating yourself = self-doubt, sullenness, depression, and far worse. See what can happen when you start using the word "hate"?


Luckily, I did not go down this road. I am sitting in my chair, still praying that the Lord will forgive me for all the "hate"s I said.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me besides quiet waters. He restores my soul. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For You are with me. Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." - Psalms 23


This quote may seem unrelated, but it helped me through my thoughts, (thoughts can be very powerful), and through this seemingly simple Bible verse, I remembered my purpose. To love the Lord. 



Because if I didn't...


...The storm would seem to taunt me.
...I wouldn't have felt the soft touch of the One who loves me.
...I couldn't have noticed the way someone turned to me with a smile.
...I never would have realized the love and respect I receive every day, naturally.
...I never would have looked on the bright side of things.
...and the tempest would have spun me 'round, 'till I was dizzy, sick, and hopeless.


But now that I have...


...I can delight in every raindrop.
...I may sigh with happiness at every loving caress from Him.
...I can smile back at those who see me.
...I have the choice of loving and respecting everyone else naturally.
...I have the choice of seeing the glass half-full, and I choose to do this.
...and instead of a tempest destroying me, I can rest at peace in the arms of our Heavenly Father.


See the difference?

I got this idea from Awel Prince's guest post at Vividry. The credit for the whole "Because if I didn't..." was her's.

2 comments

  1. Yeah, I've seen Toy Story 2 very recently and I've seen Toy Story 1 just not as recently! When the 3rd Toy Story comes out on DVD our friends and us are going to have a Toy Story Maranthon and watch all 3 in one day...epic huh? I'll have to remember the camera. ;)

    Awel P.

    Actually come to think of it I have the perfect toy story picture to go with that sort of post...it's of Woody and Buzz eating popcorn together while watching a movie! :) MUST. REMEMBER. THAT. CAMERA. (and a box of kleenx so I can cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post :). Love the verse you picked to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.