vintage fashion

Monday, September 19, 2011

I have noticed that all my fashion posts are about modern fashion, and I thought I might take a swing at old fashions?

The 50's where one my favorite time periods, so I'm starting there. Who knows? I may even do some other time periods...

Some examples of clothes worn in the 1950's:




 (via weheartit)

Some examples of 1950's hairstyles:


(yes, these are both Audrey Hepburn. crazed fan? not even close!)
(via weheartit)

Pros of the 50's fashions:
-modest.
-cute.
-very girly.

Cons of the 50's fashions:
-some girls wore their hair like boys (they do it nowadays to).
-pants were considered 'not girls clothing' (and I believe with this partly, but no pants can be an inconvenience at times...)

So...what do you like about 50's fashions? Leave your comments - I would love to know!


psst...enter this giveaway. seriously. you don't want to miss it. 

1 comment

  1. I absolutely love the 50s fashions!! Adore the shoes of that time period as well... not to mention the dresses that were just the right length. Oh, and the awesome belts too :)...

    Wonderful post Bree!
    Moe

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.