there are days

Thursday, November 10, 2011

this post is dedicated to my grandma, who--even though it was hard--helped me to let go

There are days like today. Days when I feel like my life is in pieces. Nothing I say or do turns out right. I have lost whatever control I once had. Yet I do not let go. I hold tight to what I want.

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."
-Galatians 5:17






There are days like yesterday and tomorrow. Days when I remember. Remember that my perspective is not necessarily how life is. The pieces of my life are held by Him. My life is in God's hands.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11





“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
-Isaiah 55:9

There are days like today. Days when I stop to remember. To remember what He has done for me, what He is doing for me, and what He will do for me. Once I remember, then I praise. Hands open wide I praise. Because I was created to praise Him. Praise the Lord!

"Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, O my soul!
While I live I will praise the LORD;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
-Psalm 146:1-2





Love in Christ,
 

                                                                    About the Author
You can call her Emily Grace.

It is her prayer and goal in life to "live a life worthy of the Lord." (Colossians 1:10)

She is a sinner saved by the grace of God.
She captures His grace with her shutter. She sees His goodness through her lens. She records His mercy and forgiveness with her pen. She shares His love with her life.

She blogs over at a life worthy of the Lord and Photography by Emily Grace.

7 comments

  1. Great guest post, Emily! So true! and your photos were great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's truly beautiful, Emily Grace! I loved that part, "To remember what He has done for me, what He is doing for me, and what He will do for me."... thank you for sharing :)
    Love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your sweet comments, girls! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty gal this emily is. : )

    perspective... it really changes things. i pray that my vision would be through the lens of Christ.

    beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly beautiful post, Emily. I am so pleased to see how God is working in your life. You are being refined like gold and I am so very proud of you! I couldn't love you any more than I do and I thank God for His gift of Emily Grace to us nearly 17 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.