A winter evening

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Hey y'all! My name is Moe and I'm the owner of the blog called {A Southern Gal}. Hope everyone enjoys today's post!
_______________________________________________________________

Is there one specific evening in your childhood that you remember really, really well? A day that nothing especially exciting was happening and yet, for some unbeknownst reason, you remember it like yesterday?

I have a memory like that.

It was a particularly cold, gloomy and yet somehow cozy day. I was 8 or 9 year old girl with two pigtails in my hair and freckles on my nose.




I sat at a folding table with my two older siblings. We were eating dinner and my siblings were laughing. Probably over an inside joke, or some ridiculously crazy statement one of them had said. My grandma bent over me and asked me a question that I don't remember. She was probably asking if I'd had enough to eat.

After dinner, my siblings and I headed outside, happy that we weren't required to do dish duty. We walked out into the small field beside our house and I remember lying on the cold ground looking up at the sad looking trees that were brown and dry








"Wow," I thought. "This is probably the best evening ever."

And then.... I can't remember any more.

I believe God allows us to keep memories like these. After all, what would life be if we couldn't remember the happiest and saddest moments? What about you? What are some of your memories?

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.