Join the party at Grace's Garden Walk!

Sunday, February 05, 2012

{one} let us start by your telling a little bit about your own self. tell us a bit of your personality. perhaps, tell a bit of your interests and pastime. 
Hello there darling! My name is Bree, Bree Holloway to be exact. I love photography, but even more, I love dance. Dancing inspires me, makes me happy. Oh, and so do Russian pointe shoes. :) Blog design is my trade, although I can barely call it that - I love it too much for it to be like a job! I love color, dresses, high-heels, boots, cameras, pinterest, blogging, coffee, sweet treats, french manicures, messy buns, fashion, period dramas, reading, thunderstorms, sunshine, the beach, and Jesus. :)

{two} what literary character {whether it be in a film or book} would you say, most describes your personality and mannerisms? 
Hmm, hard one...probably either Margaret Hale from North and South, or ELizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. Both of them tend to be a bit strong-headed, which is like myself. 

{three} what would you describe as the most lovely place to live in 1700's England? a cottage surrounded by woods or a mansion perhaps, to the same resemblance as Pemberley in Miss Austen's Pride and Prejudice. 
Ideally, I would want to live in a little cottage on the seaside. Maybe similar to the one the Dashwoods move to, later on in Sense and Sensibility. 

{four} list some of your favorite and least favorite literary works you have read. 
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Orczy
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - C.S. Lewis
The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
The Hobbit (reading) - J.R.R. Tolkien
{dislike}
Ride the River - Lois L'Amour
Kon Tiki - Thor Heyerdahl

{five} what would you describe as a most admirable heroine? 
A woman who is womanly - not too strong-headed or arrogant, but with a touch (just a touch, mind you) of strength, just enough to make her seem...not too weak. She has to have desires, (good ones) that she makes efforts to fulfil. And she has to be able to love well. :) Marguerite Blakeney from The Scarlet Pimpernel is pretty close to filling this role.

{six} if you could spend afternoon tea in the company of your favorite literary heroine, to whom would you spend it with? 
Ooh, hard decision! I would love to spend time with Anne, from Anne of Green Gables, but Lucy Pevensie would also be a splendid companion. 

{seven} which is to your liking more :: tea or coffee?
Coffee on snowy/rainy days, fruity tea on any other day. I love both.

{eight} which of Jane Austen's couples are your more fond of? 
I'm tempted to say Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, but I must say, Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightly are a bit more...jolly. :)I'll go with the latter.

{nine} what is one {a few} of your favorite literary quotes?  
"Have no fear of robbers or murderers. They are external dangers, petty dangers. We should fear ourselves. Prejudices are the real robbers; vices the real murderers." - Les Miserables

 {ten} are you fond of dancing or singing or reading a good book? 
Dancing and reading are both equal in my book. And *very* high on my list of likes. :)

{eleven} and lastly, as this event is also hosted in celebration of my garden's second anniversary, would you mind explaining perhaps, how you stumbled upon my little plot of earth?
My sister, Elizabeth Rose, told me about it, and when I saw and read it, I have loved it ever since. :)

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much, Miss Bree, for joining my garden party! I very much enjoyed reading your answers, and do indeed agree with your description of an admirable heroine as well as "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" is a favorite book. ;) I also would love to spend an afternoon in the company of Miss Lucy one afternoon...I simply must search for a wardrobe to let me into Narnia. *smile*

    I hope that you enjoy the rest of the festivities.
    Much love,
    Miss Grace
    tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.