when bree goes a-rambling...

Friday, February 03, 2012

1. New makeover here - like? Yes, I am a graphic designer. Why else would I change my blog design at least every month? *blushes*

2. I have a photography delay - there is a glitch in the old camera, and so I'm having to upload them to another computer, and send them to my email adress, and then from their edit them. So if I don't post pictures until about three days after I took them, you'll know why. :)

3. My bucket list has grown quite a bit lately...it seems like everything would be a great idea to do before I die. Is that bad?

4. Remember that book that I wrote for NaNoWriMo in November? Well, though I reached 50,000 words, it certainly wasn't finished. There's probably about 10,000 more words worth of stuff to add, at least. I had forgotten about it, until last night, when I had a sudden wild idea for a book, and decided to instead add it as an aspect in the first book. :) (Currently titled "A War For Love") So last night I added another casual 1,000 words, and plan to possibly squeeze into my tight schedule a little more writing today. Would you all enjoy word/page count updates?

5. So I may or may not have mentioned on this darlin' little blog of mine that my pointe shoes were dead. Now they are even more dead, if that's possible. You could step on them, and they would go practically flat as a pancake. (My fellow-dancers will understand this. :) So I am getting new ones over the weekend! I'm a bit excited about it.

6. I'm on Pinterest. I finally gave in and made an account, and have been obsessed. You can find me here.

What about you, friends? What have you been doing lately?

9 comments

  1. Me? I've been wishing I could buy one of your lovely design services! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Lightroom amazing?!?!!? I doing the free trial right now too! I am going to be quite depressed once its over. :))

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful when a fresh inspiration comes, with a flow of words and you just write? I LOVE that, and miss it too, since I haven't written big chunks in a long while! The title of your book sounds really great, by the way.

    Your new blog design is lovely, Bree, which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you. My friend and I were starting a new girls blog, and well I offered to try out doing a design for the blog. Anyway, I'm wondering from where to get good background designs... would you have an idea?

    Lots of love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy! Good question - finding good, free background is hard these days. :) Here are some sites that I used, before I decided that I wanted to make them myself. :)

      http://shabbyblogs.com/?page_id=108
      http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds.html

      Hope that helps! I can also make you a blog background (including installation) for only $2 if you wish. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the links, Bree. I actually knew about them =D. But I think I am a little like you, I'd like to know how to make one myself! Would there be any tutorials around for making one? (oh, and thanks, if ever I need, and feel I can't do one myself, I'll be sure to order one from your studio :)

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I'm not sure. Several blogs that used to have tutorials have removed them. :( I have been planning to do a tutorial on Aeronautical Graphics for a while now, so I'll try to get that up soon, for your aid. :)

      hugs,
      ~bree

      Delete
    4. Aww, thanks so much, Bree!!

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.