debating rambling blog posts

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I've been debating whether or not to let myself ramble on my blog lately.

And, thinking about it, I'm still not sure. I can ramble rather easily, and it's always fun for the author to write a rambling post, which is important. And, I will admit, I do like reading fun, rambling posts on occasion, but not all the time. If all I did was ramble, you would probably get a confused pictue of how I am. I would probably appear a very disorganized person, and, let me tell you, that's far from the truth. (I am a bit OCD about organization.)

I don't want to confuse you with my rambles, but I also don't want to be too "perfect". Yes, good thought-provoking posts are good for your mind, but I don't want to bore you with deep posts all the time. A little light-heartedness never did anyone wrong...

So I've come to this conclusion:
Rambling is good. In moderation. Too many rambling posts confuse your readers into believing you never sort through your thoughts, and can also have a negative effect on you - a.k.a. not forcing you to sort through your thoughts. Too few rambles might make your blog's atomosphere heavy with pressing thoughts and argumentative writing. Let's have a moderate mix, shall we?

Thanks for listening to my rant with myself. (that doesn't quite make sense...oh dear.) Sometimes I just need to write my thoughts out, to make sure they seem sensical. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. :)

Note: the blog is nearing being clean again. I need to do some re-designing though. There is a transition header installed right now, but that may or may not be changed in the very near future. :)

4 comments

  1. Haha I totally agree. I haven't written at all last week because I was just grumpy about being sick and not being able to do this and that. Lol but I also need to ramble at times. Good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Bree! I often wonder too if I should write rambling posts whenever I feel like it. Like on Monday I had quite a difficult violin lesson, and I discovered I wasn't allowed to use my calculator in my maths problem a.k.a I got quite depressed and felt like writing a "Rant" post... but after a while, I cooled down and I feel much better now I think I could write a more sensible and edifying post. Still, it is fun to have a little rambling and a little in-depth posts together which makes it quite a good balance. I am so glad you're back into blogging and I hope the Lord gives you wonderful inspiration!

    Love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about rambling in moderation. :) And I really like your popcorn shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tagged you on my blog, Bree: http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/little-fun-tagging.html

    Hope you join!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.