Actually Finishing Something July//Week 2

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Time for this week's Actually Finishing Something July! I haven't written nearly as much as I imagined I owuld have by now, but the writing is going pretty well so far. The only heads I have yet to crack inside of are Favian's and Adair's. (okay, am I the only one who has the hardest time with guy characters? they baffle me!)
(via pinterest)
Be truthful. How has the first week-and-a-half of your personal writing challenge progressed? Pretty good. I'm a tad behind where I imagined I would be, but I hope to catch up. :)

Did you reach your weekly goal or wordcount? I didn't make a particular goal. :)

Are you finding it easier to work with a goal in mind? Or does it make you nervous and even less inclined to get the work done? It's actually easier, though usually, goals for writing make me want to write super fast, and only focus on the word count, instead of the value of the words. 

Did you do most of your writing in the morning, afternoon, or evening? When do you like to write? I have done most of my writing in the afternoon, though I prefer to write in the mornings. :)

What music has been inspiring you to write? I've been listening to a lot of Les Miz, Safe & Sound, and Civil Wars. It's sets the melancholy mood.

Share a snippet of your writing!
(snippet here)

Share your favorite "Ah-HA!" writing moment. Have you written anything that made you sit back and think, "Okay, this is awesome," during the last week and half? Yes, actually! Usually this doesn't happen, but I actually got really excited about this part: (note: it's not going to make a whole lot of sense until y'all get to read the book. :/ I don't want to give away the plot. :D)
I can remember it now. The chilly hands, the weak mouth, set in a sweet smile, all wrong for the picture of mourning.  Kaitlyn had never cried. Not once, since the day I found her and kept her. 

Any problem spots, scenes that are proving hard to work, or characters giving you grief? If so, how did you overcome these obstacles? Mistress Boye has been giving me a little trouble, but for the most part, my hardest character is Adair. I'm having problems getting inside his head. :)

Share your favorite line said by a character during this week-and-a-half of writing.
“So you plan to leave? And how is that working out for you?” his voice was rock-hard, and colder that ice, and it made me cringe.

How are you going to move forward in this challenge? It's been little more than a week-and-a-half since the start (July 4th). Are you changing your wordcount or page goal for this coming week? I don't really have a particular weekly goal, but I did expect to reach 10,000 words this week, and I'm not quite there. :) And might need to lower my final goal, but hopefully not. 

2 comments

  1. This is neat! I'm kind of in a writing kick right now...I'm taking an online writing class and working on several different stories. This was really interesting to read! :) How would I participate?

    Oh, and I'm with you--guy characters are hard for me to write.

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can link up here: http://katie-writingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/actually-finishing-something-july_04.html
    Sorry, somehow I forgot to add the link to the post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.