I've Been Writing

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

in which I ramble about my latest book.
-I absolutely love the thrill you get when you start writing a new book. You know that feeling of, "ooh, I can't wait to write about suchandsuch?" or "you'll never guess what just happened in my book."? Yeah, that's how I've felt the past couple days. I actually haven't written much, but I've done a lot of plotting (ever heard of FreeMind? Best. Thing. Ever.)

-Here is a screenshot of my book (in web form) so far: (no, it is not that small...I shrunk it to 25% so you could see all of it, and so that some of the surprises wouldn't be revealed. ;)


-I changed the name to Winter Wings. That is the first name change of many, I tell you. So don't smack me with a broom when you find out in a week that it has another new name. I'm very indecisive, k? ;)

-I'm thinking of introducing y'all to a couple more of my characters...perhaps Adair, or the twin princesses of Vita Anima.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to. What about you?

5 comments

  1. Isn't planning a new book simply thrilling? I've been staying up late investigating the lives of my characters, living and breathing their world, and I can't think of anything better to do with my summer time. 'Tis marvelous. Best wishes with your book; I'm sure it's fabulous!

    -Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought up millions (or at least hundreds:) of stories/books but haven't ever actually finished writing them down. But I'm hoping to get a laptop soon so I can! Writing IS fabulous!:) I like your title, but that's one of the fun things about writing a book--changing the titles;) Anyhow good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thrill of writing a new book. PURE AWESOMENESS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love when writers share their journey! I love your blog header, and I agree, tea makes writing ever so much more enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to download Free Mind now,looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.