Button Swap: Hannah

Friday, August 31, 2012

So I mentioned that I was hosting a button swap a while back. And now it's time for my interview with the lovely Hannah!

Hello Hannah! It's a pleasure to have you here. Please intoduce yourself to us - what is your full name? What do you do?
My name is Hannah Kingsley, and I am the founder of Her Spacious Soul (herspacioussoul.com).  I write articles at the site and publish the writing of others with a similiar-minded mission.  I have seen a lot of ideas about faith and Christianity that are harmful - especially toward young women.  My hope is to encourage others that womanhood is a positive thing, and that God is gracious and approachable. He actually invites us into community with Him! 
I am currently a 20-something college student, and my long-term goal is to work in international education in a country such as Japan, or with an organization that helps foreign students in the U.S.

2. What inspires you?
I am inspired most by teachers and mentors, as well as human rights organizations that fight against the human sex trafficking industry and the harms suffered by North Korean defectors. 

3. What is your favorite book? (you can pick two if you need - I know I could never decide. :D)
My favorite book (other than the Bible) is North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I used to prefer Pride and Prejudice, but there is something about Gaskell's writing style that I very much admire.  Unlike Austen, she lets us get into the heads of multiple characters.  I also very much like the focus on trying to do the right thing, even in bleak circumstances.  Many books lose their ability to be relatable because they offer characters easy solutions and minimize life's difficulties.  I prefer when a book is more truthful about hardships.

4. What does an ideal day look like to you?
My ideal day might include helping edit English papers, studying language, listening to music and a travel excursion!

5. What inspired you to start blogging?
I have always enjoyed writing, and I like blogging because it can reach a wider audience.  At first I blogged more as a creative outlet.  Her Spacious Soul was not my first attempt at a blog.  However, my early blog-writing was not very focused, and was on a wide range of subject material.  I found over time that I desired to write more opinion-pieces, and later it became not so much about expressing opinion as building others up. 

6. Are you a chatterbox, or a wallflower? :D
I guess I could be called both!  Some people think I am outgoing, but others have called me shy.  I think it really depends on the situation, and it could be said that I am an introvert-extrovert.  I love giving speeches and talking about things I'm passionate about, and I like talking to people that I feel comfortable around.. but other times I will stay silent if I think that I don't have anything meaningful at that time to add to a conversation. However, I am also a social person, and I am happiest when I can be around people all day!  :)

7. Which would you prefer - a writing class, or a photography class?
I love to write, so perhaps a writing class - however, despite my lack of skill I enjoy photography as well.  My family is full of photographers!

8. What three songs are you currently loving?
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Korean and Japanese music.  In the case of music, I'm not sure I can ever pick just three songs! 

Thank you for coming over, Hannah! It's been such a pleasure getting to know you better. :)

You can read her interview with me here.

p.s. 200 followers? Y'all can't possibly know how happy this made me. And no, it had nothing to do with the fact that "The Colonial Cause" from The Patriot sountrack was playing at a particularly riveting part when I found out. ;D

1 comment

  1. You are so sweet, Bree. Love your blog, by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.