pointe your toes

Tuesday, September 18, 2012





Yesterday was the first day of dance, and we went into it headfirst. I had been aching to get back into my pointe shoes, to stretch farther, dance stronger, leap higher, bend lower. After a summer with no dance, I knew I'd be sore the next day, but that didn't bother me. It's worth it. And you know what else? It'll go away after some time. But what I get in return: strength, endurance, and better technique - is worth it. Dancing makes me feel a l i v e.

dance enables you to loose yourself and find yourself at the same time. - unknown
blog design//twitter//pinterest//email

6 comments

  1. I took ballet when I was little and always longed for the day I'd make it to pointe. I never did take ballet long enough, but the sight still gives me little delightful shivers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took dance for about 8 years, and I would love to have gone on pointe. :) So pretty!

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did ballet for over 5 years as a young girl and have always regretted not picking it back up later in life...
    I owe it my posture though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty photos! <3
    Ballet is so lovely, I wish I had taken ballet when I was a youngster.

    ~Kate @ in pursuit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I've always wished I had the opportunity to do ballet when I was younger I always thought it was such a beautiful type of dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous pics. what a treat to have pointe shoes. you are talented!!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.