Why I'm Not Normal

Friday, September 07, 2012

There is a fad going on about being different and being unique. Everyone calls themselves "different", and yet they are all the same "different" - they listen to a certain kind of music, like a certain type of clothing, and talk a certain sort of way. That "different" has become the new normal. 

But I don't really like that type of music. I don't admire that way of speech, or that style of clothing. I like the same things I have for a while: the things that speak to me in their own ways, whether they are "in" or not. Here are a few, so you can see what I'm getting at....


1. I drink my coffee black. I prefer it that way: the flavor isn't tainted by sugar, or watered down by creamer. 

2. I know most people like to talk about how they aren't perfect and put together, how they usually wear sweats, etc. I don't. Wearing sweats and frumpy clothing makes me feel frumpy. I wear clothes that make me feel good and put-together every day. Besides, how can we glorify God when we look like we just hopped out of bed? Surely that isn't a good example. 

4. I don't live in the moment as often as the average person would tell me to. And you know what? That's fine with me - instead of worrying about living in the moment, I'm just gonna live life like I always have - trying to find a balance, and knowing that my life is never going to be perfect, never going to be amazing, and always going to be blessed. It's something I struggle with daily, but it's important to me. 

5. I don't snap gorgeous photographs of my siblings in my spare time: I dance with them. My whole family goes to a Christian dance studio that is my second home. Literally: I'm there about 15 hours a week, dancing around 10. I wouldn't have it any. other. way.

6. I don't have perfect handwriting. In fact, my handwriting is pretty illegible. But that means that nobody can read it. Like a secret code. ;D

7. I have a bit of a southern accent, according my northern relatives. :) And I say "y'all" at least once a day. And I'm convinced that the south is the absolute best place on earth to live. Y'all really should come visit. 

I'm me, exactly who God made me to be. And you should be you, no matter what anyone else is saying. And I mean *really* you, not the you that is like every other person around you. Because God made you beautiful, just the way you are. :)

10 comments

  1. love this post. you just stay the way you are bree. :)

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) Amen to one and two. Black coffee is the. best. It's how God intended it to be :) Sadly, I have to limit myself to one or two espressos a day to prevent ulcers (we drink it so thick you can cut it with a knife), but that just makes it more of a treat :D

    And as for looking put together? Well, you know what my mom says about that ;) I try to make sure I put on at least eye liner and mascara everyday even if it was just a day (like today) where I was painting all day. I feel better and act better and the world is a better place.

    hugs,
    nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love black coffee! Romanian style :) Although they like it so strong...my word.

    I try to get dressed everyday (not lay around in pjs all day) and look respectable, just because it feels nicer than lounging. But there's a time and place for everything :D

    I normally do live in the moment..and when I don't, it's because I'm living in the past....which is okay, but not always great. But it bugs me when people say "I'm living in the moment" but they're always talking about tomorrow, so if I'm not currently "living in the moment" then I don't say that I am 'cause that's lying and lying isn't nice :P

    Stay the way you are, Bree! Stay in God's will and there's no better place to be :)

    xoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to be reminded to step back and remember who we are every now and then. Love this post, thanks for it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more about how everyone is "different" now-a-days. Yes, they're different, but they're still following the same patterns of the world. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post! I like dressing up, too. :)

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... describing what you see everyday in front of the mirror,,, good way to introduce yourself...
    :)))
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I like your blog name.

    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree completely with points 1, 2 and 4. Thank you for stating my thoughts exactly on those matters. :) As for the rest, I've never had the chance to experience them.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.