those things that say a lot

Saturday, December 01, 2012



"things that say a lot about people:
the way in which they treat the waiter/waitress
how they feel about the weather
whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
fingernails and hands in general
their preferred creative outlet
how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
whether or not they drink coffee
if they ever forget to eat
how honest they are with themselves (and others)
if they correct your grammar
and whether or not they get nervous before haircuts."

post inspired by Carlotta.
1. I really don't treat waiters/waitresses well enough. I really need to work on that. And it might really make a difference.

2. The weather is my friend. The end. Sunny weather inspires me relentlessly, and rainy weather is like being swaddled in a warm blanket: cozy, comforting, and relaxing. 
3. I dog-ear pages and underline a lot. Perhaps to much. The only downside to this is when I have library books and can't write notes to myself in the corners, etc. Those are sad days. They are also the days I pull out a spare piece of paper and write down the numbers of my favorite pages, and scribble out the quotes that catch my heart. 
4. my fingernails are short, though at times I wish they were longer. I keep them painted for the most part, and have tried pretty much every shade available. I like to be versatile, dontchya know. My fingernails are usually pretty evenly-shaped, but there are times when a nail will be quite unsightly, and those are the times you will see me hiding my hands behind my back. ;)
5. My hands are really small, if you ask anyone around me. My fingers are quite short and stubby, which explains why I wish at least my nails were longer. I pop my knuckles on occasion, but only when I'm really bored. My skin is normal (not dry, but not exceptionally soft) during the summer, but they get rather dry in the winter time, unless I pay particular attention. 
6. I really don't like talking on the phone, and I hardly ever do it anyways. I always worry about saying the wrong thing, and always seem to stumble over my words, no matter how much I have planned what I will say before making the call. 
7. Do I drink coffee?! Is the sky blue? Is the grass green? 


In case it's not clear, I love coffee. Starbucks is the best, but homemade cariboo comes close second. I drink it black, sometimes with sugar. And in the summer, I drink it iced. Yumm.

8. I don't forget to eat. Food is good, how can one forget it? My stomach would not forgive me. ;)
9. I'm quite blatantly honest with myself, and perhaps my heart does not like me for it. I do not like to hide the truth.
10. I correct grammar a lot. Perhaps too much. But I only do to people I know well, who know I don't mean it personally. But to be honest, the real grammar nazi of the family is Elizabeth. Make sure you've spelled everything properly in her presence!
11. I get nervous and second guess my decisions before haircuts. It's a bad habit that I must get over. I always tell myself I'm going to go with something new, and then in the nervous waiting time, I decide against it and stick with my same old boring haircut. What can I say? I'm not the biggest advocate of change. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.