Willing

Sunday, December 16, 2012


Let's face it: when the time comes to be tested, (whether that means an exam or judgement day) we are not always willing. Who wants to sit still and be questioned continually, expected to know the answer? What human enjoys the suspense of knowing if you answered correctly?

I know I don't.

"But who can endure the day of His coming? Who can stand when He appears? For He will be like a refiner's fire, or a launderer's soap." Malachai 3:2
Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, there will come a day for us all when we will be tested. God doesn't send these stormy waters to try and drown us: He sends them to build our character, and our strength in Him. But it won't be easy.
"I'm just a girl, nothing more. I am willing, I am Yours." - Be Born In Me, Francesca Battistelli
Mary. She was a pretty important figure in Christ's birth.  No, she was not a saint. No, we shoud not worship her. She was nothing more than a willing servant of God. And a young one, too.

But Mary was willing. She was willing to sacrifice her honor for God's plan. She sacrificed her comfort for His birth. She sacrificed her home to travel to a foreign land, doing as she was told. Mary gave up her earthly safety, for true security in the hand of God.

Perhaps we should take a page out of her book.
"I am not brave, I'll never be. The only thing my heart can offer is a vacancy." - Be Born In Me, Francesca Battistelli
All Mary could give for Jesus was her arms, her heart. But that was enough. I want to be willing to give whatever I am, no matter how insufficient I feel. Because God has a plan for me, perhaps something far larger than I can see.


"Do you wonder as you watch my face, if a wiser one should have had my place? But I offer all I am for the mercy of Your plan." -Breath of Heaven, Amy Grant
I want to be willing to give up everything - yes, even my life - for whateve God has planned for me. Because I know His plan is more important than mine.

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.