anticipate//2013

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

via Pinterest
In the coming year, I have planned some rather exciting things that will be happening right here at Tea and Bree! So tighten up your bootstraps for the onslaught! Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic. But trust me when I say, this year will be like no other. *mysterious smile*

On the schedule are many others, but here are the bare-bones:

1. Writing Tips (a collective, month-long series, happening in the Spring.)
2. Publication (bet you couldn't guess this one: I'll be publishing my book this year!)
3. Branding Sessions (I'm really excited about this one, but I'm not telling y'all any more. :))
4. More of my drawing escapdes. (I weild a pencil, too...er, I think I do. You'll have to decide if I am prolific with it or not. ^_^)

And my biggest resolution this year? To be slow to anger. I tend to work myself up over too many small things.

I also want to read a lot of books. Any of you who are friends with me on Goodreads should know that. :) So this is the main consistancy of my reading list for 2013 (keep in mind that there are several others):

-Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (complete and unabridged)
-Veiled Rose by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (I'm probably going to finish that today, actually. Recomendation right here, y'all. Just promise me you'll read Heartless first.)
-Moonblood, Starflower, and Dragonwitch (when it comes out) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
-The Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, and The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien (I've already read the Hobbit)
-To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
-Rebeccah by Daphne Du Maurier (I may have misspelled her last name, fyi).
-A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith (several of y'all have recommended this to me: I'm standing on your words!)
-Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell (a classic that I still haven't read.)
-Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (recommended by my dear father.)
-1776 by David McCullough (another recommendation from my father.)
-The Help by Kathryn Stockett (once more, recommended by you fellow bloggers. Stop be now if I'm about to step into something terrible.)
And that's all for now. Emphasis on the "for now".

I'm excited. And nervous. But mostly excited.

Welcome, 2013. :)

5 comments

  1. The Help, and Les Mis are on my list as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help, Les Mis, finishing The Lord of The Rings on my list...just finished To Kill A Mockingbird, and I absolutely loved it. Mere Christianity is also one of my all-time favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl, it looks amazing around these parts! i have been away from reading blogs for awhile due to family sickness/busyness, so forgive me if the design is old. you have a lot going on this year - super exciting. anxious to see! and totally read The Help. i wouldn't lead you astray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bree! I just stumbled across your blog, and I am so excited to read your upcoming posts! Les Mis is also on my "to-read" list. The Fellowship of The Ring and The Two Towers, are wonderful! I am about half way through Return of The King. Mere Christianity is one that is hard to process but there is so much there to learn that I'm sure I could read it several times and still learn more from it, but that's Lewis for you in a nutshell! :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.