the zenith of nonspecific

Monday, January 07, 2013

Also known as Miscellany Monday. But I like to be clever. ;)

1. We saw Les Miserables in theatres last night. Wow. It made it's way quite easily to my list of favorite movies, and it's somewhere near the top, too. The scenes that got me the most were "I Dreamed A Dream," "A Little Fall of Rain," "Empty Chairs At Empty Tables," and the finale. Haven't seen it yet? Do me a favor and go change that, please. :) (note: there are two scenes - lovely ladies & master of the house - which we skipped [the bathroom and water breaks are very helpful]. just thought you might like to know that when deciding whether or not to go. other that those two scenes [you could just close your eyes] everything was wonderful. and amazing. and beautiful. and I cried a lot, but they were good tears. am I gushing? I'll stop now...)
ara//image via pinterest

2. I'm working on some grueling battle scenes in Psithurism. These scenes have been a bit emotional, but I'm hoping that the teary eyes I get writing will also be present when a person reads the book. To future readers, please tell me if you cried at any point. It's those little things that make writing such an amazing "occupation". I put occupation in quotes, because writing is more like a lifestyle. ;)
the makeshift cover I designed for Psithurism.

3. Speaking of Psithurism, once those battle scenes and a few childhood scenes with Kaitlyn are finished, boom. First draft done. How exciting is that?! I'm anticipating the day with shaky fingers. Afterwards, it's on to editing...

4. Elizabeth and I switched to a zoom lens with our camera recently (the 18-135 mm) and have been loving it! So much control. :)

5. For those of you who aren't friends with me on Goodreads, I'm reading The Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Wow. These books are great. I read Heartless in three days, Veiled Rose in three days, and I'm hoping to get started on Moonblood either today or tommorow. Read them, my friends. This lady is nearly like a second C.S. Lewis. Fabulous.

head on over to lowercase letters and link up!
miscellany monday at lowercase letters

3 comments

  1. now that is clever. you get the best non-miscellany-monday-but-miscellany-monday-title prize!!! i love it. : ) thanks for joining in, sweet thang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Le Mis! I'm sure I'll be crying too :) looking forward to reading around your blog some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you're amazing at writing - I'm so glad I discovered your blog! And the cover you designed is so perfect; I love it. See you around!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.