March Snippets (late, I know)

Saturday, April 06, 2013

I have several writing snippets I would like to share with you all, but as most of them are from March, and I can hardly wait until the end of April without doing a snippets post (it has been a while...) I'll go ahead and share the March ones...in April. Most of these are from the edits of Psithurism I've worked on, but there are a few Gumusservi ones in there as well, as inspiration refuses to be quiet. :)

"And then his aching eyes slid peacefully closed for the last time. He had died without reason in the world's eyes, but he knew there was a cause. Love. And that is always enough for the Maker." -Gumusservi
 "The moon had an effect on her the way a woman has an effect on a man - the results were especially poignant." -Agapeto, Gumusservi
"Then, in a voice as old as the skies and the seas, he began. "Woman has always been the weaker sex." This seemed a derrogatory way to begin speaking to a woman, but I hold my tongue in wait for compensation." -Ara, Psithurism
 "I whirled from the scene as quietly as I could, not wanting to hear anymore. Tears were already burning in my eyes, and crying was something I forbade myself to do. Crying was a sign of weakness." -Ara, Psithurism
"It was a town at the edge of Ignorari, the name long forgotten in lieu of carelessness, and it was the object of my specific intentions." -Adair, Psithurism
"Maybe I had made my cause sound better than what it was - even that was questionable - but my efforts were quite in vain." -Adair, Psithurism
"His complexion was bold and daring, eyes as fiery as a wild horse that the atmosphere subdued only just. The hair framing his sharp-boned face was thick and dark, and had a visibly fetching effect on the surrounding married and unmarried ladies alike." -Ara, Psithurism
Thoughts? Do tell, I'd love to hear. :)

3 comments

  1. Love these! <3 So when are you going to be publishing your book, exactly? ;) I want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to publish it this year, but as I'm only in the beginning of the editing process and publishing seems to be a rather slow business, that is debatable. :) I'm so pleased you liked them, though!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I haven't heard those before. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.