He'll Take Care Of It

Friday, June 14, 2013


Hi friends! While I'm off doing some fun stuff this weekend, dear J. Grace Pennington decided to help me keep up my blog! This post it from her--enjoy.
via pinterest
There are many things I love about being an author.  Of course, I love to write.  I love creating plots and characters and expressing meaningful themes.  I love getting ideas.  I love being inspired.  I love words.  I love getting feedback.  I love when something surprises me, in a good way, while writing.  I love getting to share what God has taught me.  I love thinking about and planning new stories.

But one of the thing that fascinates me most about writing is that you never know who might be reading your work.

Nor do you know what impact you might have on their lives.

On the flip side, that can be pretty scary.  It's a heavy responsibility.

Thankfully, we aren't responsible for making sure our books end up in the right places, and touch the right hearts in the right way.  Which is a good thing, because that would be pretty impossible.

There's Someone Else who takes care of that.

I don't know about you, but my grandparents love to brag on me.  They are always telling their friends how smart and talented us grandkids are, and they like to show off all of our pictures, books, movies, and any other assorted things we may create.  They are among my most steadfast supporters, always proud of me, always asking about my work, always admiring it and helping it.  Next to my parents and siblings, they have been one of the biggest encouragements along my journey of life.

After I published my first book, my grandparents told all their friends, as is their wont.  One of their friends is a lovely lady who I've known for years.  This lady has a nine-year-old grandson named Peter.

Peter has leukemia.

Last weekend, my grandparents brought us some orange bracelets with his name on them.  We are wearing them for one hundred days to remember to pray for him during that time, hoping that he'll recover from his surgery.  My grandmother handed me my bracelet and said as she did 'Peter has read your book.  He has been asking when the next one is coming out.'

I have never met Peter.  But I pray for him every day.  And through no help of mine, God put a book about trusting God in the hands of a little nine-year-old boy who is facing scarier things than I've ever experienced.

This brings me to tears.

I don't have to worry about the impact my books make, where they go, what they do, and who is affected.  All I have to do, is be obedient to do what God asks of me, write what He asks me to write, do what He asks me to do, go where He asks me to go.

He'll take care of the rest.

I know for sure that when the second book in my series is released, I'm going to send Peter a copy.

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.