Actually Finishing Something (in) July - week 4

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 4 of AFSJ! You can read more about it here.
How goes progress?
Pretty good! I'm a bit behind though, due to dance intensive this week. Not to mention an exciting project I've been working on for months now, premiering on Saturday! Stay tuned. ^_^

Snippet-time! Share a snip or two from your weekly writing.

Straightening my shoulders in a hollow attempt at lifting my own spirits, I marched out of the room, following the young footman to my bedchamber. There I sat, as graciously as I could, for the dressmaker, subjecting myself to a slow and painful death by pinpricks and pinches. -Adara, Psithurism
 She disappeared in the darkness of the night, and far off in the distance I heard the roar of an open sea meeting with the dark night sky, lit by the chill luminesce of the watching moon. -Adair, Psithurism

Do you have a Pinterest inspiration board, or other collection of images that inspire your story? If so, share one or two of them with us.
You can view my whole collection of images for Psithurism here, but as putting all those images here would take hours, I'll share this collage. (Made by me, photos via my Pinterest boards).

collage by me, images via pinterest


How would the main character of your story react if he or she were introduced to you? Ara would most likely extend a cool hand to be shaken, gazing at me with a mixture of mistrust and curiosity.

Introduce us to one or two of the secondary characters in your story.

Jennet is a sunny, optimistic girl, tall and slender with a thick lilting accent. She loves food, embraces life with both arms open, and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. However, she has suffered little loss and her life has been relatively simple.

Fuyuko is quiet and reserved, with a passion she keeps burning in her heart. She doesn't talk much, and her looks betray her to be of different race than those around her. Dark slanted eyes and long straight black hair hide a world of desires and plans, waiting for just the right moment.

If one of your characters (you choose who) were allowed to choose a super-power, which power would he or she most desire?
My antagonist would love to be a bit more intimidating, if that's considered a super power. o_O

We're nearing the end of this summer challenge! Is the completion of your goal in sight?
Not quite. I'm thinking I'll double up (so to speak) over this weekend though. I don't have anything planned, (other than dance intensive today & tomorrow) so all should be well... ;D

2 comments

  1. Gah, the end of Actually Finishing Something July is so close! I imagine dance takes a lot out of you, even if you are used to it; though I find that, so long as my head feels all right, I can keep going no matter how tired my body is.

    I love your images for Psithurism. Many of them work for Gingerune, too, which makes me love them even more... And I love your two snippets. Having subjected Margaret to dress-making (Ginger gets no such gestures of consequence), I know the death by pins and needles. The font of the second snippet seduced me into believing you had written "luminesoe," and I though, "What new word of exquisite beauty is this!" So I copied it and pasted it into Dictionary.com, and it turned out to be the comparably interesting "luminesce." Derp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dance is, in most respects, expending. However, I usually feel energized *mentally* after class, because I'm at a bit of a physcial low (I also fancy writing very dramatic scenes about characters with no energy left; a side effect of my own exhaustion, I suppose). I should be used to it, and I am during the school season, but not so much in the summer when this one adrenaline-packed week is all I get. And that's where my person exercise regime comes in, but I won't go down that road...

      "Luminesoe"... *snickers*

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.