Putting Faces On Names

Friday, August 16, 2013

After Jenny (though I believe it was Mirriam who started the trend) posted pictures of random unknown people who happened to also look much like her characters, I figured it might be fun to do as well. After all, we need something to break up all the Q and A around here, and putting faces to names is always fun. :)

All these images are via Pinterest, therefore I own none of them.

Adara. Remarkably so.
Kaitlyn, in her later years. Her hair was a baby-fuzz blonde as a child, but it's darkened quite a bit.
Zenaide.
Adair. Freckles and all.
Tarquin, or as close as I managed to get. His hair ought to be a bit darker, though.
Fuyuko. 
Zenobia. Twin to Zenaide. (Veil not actually worn by Ardetans; however, Zenobia is very fashion-forward. O_o)
Agapeto.
Jennet.
Gotwinus. (Yes, one of my characters resembles Tom Hiddleston. Be jealous.)

Pirro.

Favian, but his clothes are very wrong.

Carissa. She's saucy like that.

This wild-child is Zelina. Don't ask what's going on in her head.

Dior. She's golden.

Dirk.

Thi.

Rune. 
Now here's what I'm wanting to know - do any of them look like you imagined?

8 comments

  1. Holy cow, Dior's eyes! Those eyes, man! Those eyes! And Zenobia - love that picture! Love that name. I've always wanted to do a dark eye like that, but I have not yet had the opportunity to do so. Fuyuko is so cute! I think Adair is more like the way I imagined him than Adara, but then I never felt I got a good glimpse of Adara - always very fleeting images. But that's partly to be expected when the author doesn't want to give everything away. Tarquin, yes: very much how I cobbled his picture together in my head. The rest are largely mysteries to me. (I suspect Favian is at a costume party.) Rune looks like a trip. XD

    I love how they are all different. The bulk of my cast sports the dominant dark hair and the Teutonic face, which varies, of course, from person to person, but it remains the "typical" face of the Elite and the gentlemen's families from which they spring. Yours are quite the mishmash, which made the scrolling down of the page an adventure: I never knew what was coming next.

    Thank you for doing this - it was a lot of fun! Now Elizabeth Rose has to do it. Significant look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Dior's eyes and in case you were wondering, they're somewhat significant. ^_^
      Most of the later ones are from Gumusservi, and a couple of them even I am getting used to, having not written much more than a scrap or two of their stories; Zelina is just a character without a book (yet).
      Oh Elizabeth will do this. Wait and see. Mysterious look.

      Delete
  2. This is super cool. I love putting faces to my characters. And hey, two of yours match my own (including Tom Hiddleston!! 'cause he's awesome like that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I'd love to see you do a post like this. *hint* ;)

      Delete
  3. This was such fun to browse through, Bree! Your characters hold the look of mystic and interest in them, I must say =). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, friend! I was hoping to intrigue y'all, but wasn't quite sure if I'd succeeded. :)

      Delete
  4. This is the nerd in me: fangirling because I saw Tom Hiddleston and Jenna Louise Coleman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.