Beautiful People: Damien

Friday, November 29, 2013

via Pinterest: Damien Warrick
Since I won NaNoWriMo on Friday (hurrah!) I've been working on several different projects writing-wise. The nice thing about making myself write two thousand words every day is that now, to dabble a bit here and there in Psithurism edits and Gumusservi ideas feels easy and healthy simultaneously. This morning I plotted Gumusservi officially, which felt good, and while I've finished the first draft of Finding My Balance, I realized I didn't introduce the characters to you all. So. This is Damien and good luck disliking him: he has a dimpled smile and wears quirky glasses. 

(I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure I've broken every rule with this Beautiful People game.)

1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible? 

Sure. Damien has relatively natural desires for his future: a wife, a home, children, good food and good books. But he also believes life can be awfully good despite its troubles, which isn't exactly a common conception.

2. Are they strong, or the "damsel/knight in distress" sort? 
Strong, for sure. But he doesn't go around flaunting this strength (unless in jest!) to noticeably. He's content to know he's got it, and if anyone doubted his abilities a swift black eye is all that is needed to set them in place. Damien really sees things quite simply. ^_^

3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree...)
Damien likes the kitchen in the winter, warm with the smells of cooking and the little cinnamony candles that his mother puts out around November. But whenever the weather will allow it, the outside is where he feels most at home, with an apple in his hand and a tree over his head. 

4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having?
Damien's future aspirations involve an airplane and a pilot's hat. His father's always been proud of the idea.

5. Describe their current place of residence.
The Warrick home is a modest place in the suburbs of middle Tennessee, with a green front yard and a garden in the back, full of lots of herbs, vegetables, and flowers. It's on a higher ground and the area is surrounded by trees of every sort. The home itself is comfortable enough, though a little large for the family of three (five if you count Scout and Jem, the two golden retrievers named for the book characters you are thinking of).

6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it?
Unfortunately, I can't exactly relay this to you without spoiling a portion of the plot of Finding My Balance. Sorry.

7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be?
Oh a nice sports car, of course! Most likely a snazzy shade of blue, but black is always nice too.

8. How does he deal with change?
With lots of frowns, furrowed brows and a sharp tongue. Mostly pretty moderately, I would say.

9. If he had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose?
What a question! Damien depends rather heavily on his hands and legs, but a toe isn't too necessary is it? Yes, a toe a believe. Who needs balance anyway.

10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop?
A medium Italian roast, with cream and white sugar for a normal day. Special days require sweet things like peppermint mochas however, and Damien has never been known to refuse chocolatey coffee.


Damien hit to the core. “So why do you sit here and write instead of talking, like everyone else?” -Finding My Balance

4 comments

  1. Congratulations on your win!
    xxx madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congratulations on winning, Bree! I managed it to 13,030 words ;p. I hadn't really planned on reaching 50,000 anyway, with the busyness of a family music concert and all, and I've found that the quality of my writing tends to suffer from pushing word-counts too far. Yesterday (the last day), I threw my goals of reaching 20,000 words to the wind and choice to spend time having a knitting lesson with Mum since I want to do a scarf for Daddy for Christmas... ho hum!

    It has been a fun writing month all round, though.

    Damien sounds positively fun - that last one about amputated toes made me smile. I look forward to hearing more of him and of the other characters in Finding my Balance ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13,000 words is a good deal better than zero words, you know, and you reached your personal goal which is more important than any website's - congratulations to you too!
      Scarves are a very valiant cause.
      I love Damien - he's honestly one of my easiest, funniest characters and working with him is always amusing. I'm glad you like him too!

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.