NANOWRIMO UPDATE: week 1

Thursday, November 07, 2013

via pinterest
Word count: 13,000 words

This week's word count goal: 11,666 words

Current song on repeat: "Feel Again" by OneRepublic. The funny thing about writing a contemporary novel is that my music, instead of the usual movie soundtrack/Loreena McKennit/Enya mix, has been consisting of a lot more modern music. (Though I don't think I'll ever find myself listening to the things most girls my age listen to, I'm loving OneRepublic's "Native" album, along with a few others. ;)

Did you meet your week's goal?
Seeing as this is the first week of NaNo and I didn't announce a particular goal here, I'll say 'yes.' I started off NaNoWriMo intending to write the usual 1,667 words per day that everyone is expected to write. I found myself a little over-prepared, however, and with some spare writing time. With concentration and a goal set strong in mind, I've been writing at least 2,000 words a day, which is a wonderful thing. On Thursdays it is impossible for me to write any more than some chicken scratch in a notebook in my one hour off, so on Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm writing 3,000 words to keep up. All in all things have been going remarkably well, and I do hope I can keep to this even pace for the rest of the challenge (and maybe even finish up before Thanksgiving!).

Next week's goal: 23,333 words.

My personal goal for next week: 28,000 words.

For those of you participating in NaNoWriMo this year, how have you been getting along? (Also, if you wish to be my Writing Buddy, you can find my NaNoWriMo page here.)

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.