Don't Fear The Fall

Thursday, January 02, 2014


via Pinterest
"I owned every second
That this world could give
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah, with every broken bone
I swear I lived."
-I Lived, OneRepublic


It feels very cliche to say the least that I should be writing a post about the new year and my thoughts regarding it, but you see I do have thoughts there, and it seems natural to share them with you, my blog readers. If you wish to read my 2013-manifesto, that's here. But today it is 2014, and I would like to share with you my goals for this new year.

Lifestyle Goals:
-Develop an effective workout plan, and refresh it every so often.
-Eat healthier: less sugar and bread, more protein and vegetables.
-Drink more water
-Get more sleep (go to bed earlier)
-Pray more often: learn to rely on God and not my own understanding when heavy decisions are before me.
-Read my Bible more regularly.
-Spend less time getting stressed and more time being pleasant.

Writing Goals:
-Finish drafts #2 of Psithurism and Finding My Balance.
-Start (and maybe finish) the first draft of Gumusservi.
-Journal more regularly.

Reading Goals:
-The Silver Branch and The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff
-Finally finish Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
-Finish Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
-Finish The Lord of the Rings series.
-The Discarded Image by C.S. Lewis
-The Aneid by Virgil
-A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
-The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
-At The Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald
-A plethora of school-books that I won't bother to list.

Other Goals:
-Get my permit and later my driver's lisensce
-Perhaps take some archery classes
-Go to new places, meet new people, learn something new every day.
-Live.

--
I cannot start off a new year without paying some tribute to my inspiration in the past year. These were my favorite posts of 2013, all by excellent, lovely bloggers:


--
Finally, in celebration of the new year I have collaborated with the lovely Jenn Lott of Applegate Summers to give away a blog design to one of you! You can enter at Jenn's blog - best of luck!

1 comment

  1. Sounds good to me, I may try some of the books on your list. Well, not LOTR, I read it about once a week along with the Silmarillion. Probably I need to read A Tale of Two Cities, I'm sort of behind on my Dickens classics.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.