Happy Things to Lift Your Heart

Monday, June 02, 2014

Rachel posted a day or two ago about happy things just because. It was a lovely, uplifting little read, and it got me thinking. A lot of time, in the weight of everyday life, we forget how much we're blessed.  Particularly as writers: we get wound up in the darkness of the scenarios we're writing, whether that means writing from a villain's perspective or delving into the heart of any other lost character: it muddles us and we get in my mother's proverbial "funk". I know I do.

So: to combat any ickiness, grumblers or simply over-thinking writerdom, here are 15 happy things to make your day that much better. Much love. Xx

all images via pinterest / / / collage made by me
And if you like this sort of thing, go hop over to my summer board on Pinterest for lots of other lovelies.

6 comments

  1. Hooray for happy things! More time should be spent celebrating them. I applaud this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me a much happier Riley than I was a few minutes ago.
    I've been working on a particularly depressing research paper and it has rendered me a grumpy troll. I needed to be reminded that I am blessed.
    Thank you Bree<3
    xxRiley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service to you, Riley! Making people happy is my favorite. ^.^

      Delete
  3. oh how i love this! THANK YOU for sharing!

    Sarah
    imsarahgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Welcome to the blog. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.