July Favorites

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

via pinterest
It's been too long since I've posted here, but instead of diving back into the swing of things in full verbal-splendour, I'm starting a new habit: monthly favourites. A break in the topic-swing, a little light-hearted chatter with you all (because you're my favorites) and sharing the things that made my month and might make yours too.

Thanks to Emily Chapman for the idea behind this post.


B O O K S
Plenilune, obviously. (Don't know what this is? Click here.) Hang on to your hats, ladies - October's going to have a slam-bang finish.


F O O D S
Being healthy is hard work. I'm a self-professed sweet tooth, and while I could resist pasta/bread/pastry all day, if you offer me chocolate I'll have a lot more trouble refusing. That being said, I splurged a week or two ago on a caramel frapuccino (I swear I'll never spell that right) at Starbucks with my treat receipt and literally finished it off in about 10 minutes. My stars. Go give it a try.

B L O G S
There are several posts that I could list here, because I happen to read some fantastic blogs, but I've forgotten what they are over the course of the month because I'm not too great at remembering things. My favorite this week, then, was this one by Katie (which was technically posted in August, as it happens). I happen to be juggling a lot of responsiblities at the moment, which is part of growing up I suppose, but this definitely helped me slow down and breathe a minute. It's a short, quick read, and definitely worth your time. I don't care how busy you are - go read it. ;)

M U S I C
You all know my music tastes dabble in practically every genre - I like a good beat and a ridiculously large sound, but also highland-esque melodies, a dash of Billy Joel and soundtracks that soar. (I'm literally all over the board.) However, this month I've been particularly obsessed with Ed Sheeran's rendition of The Parting Glass. There's just something about his voice that I've been playing this song over. and. over.

F A S H I O N
My style is quite Parisian & mostly simplistic, so it won't surprise you that lately I've found myself particularly drawn to stripes - thin in particular. Navy and white, black and white, blush pink and black - I love it all.

W R I T I N G
As I haven't had a chance to do much book-work lately, I've been journalling a ton. I've loved making my journal a place for creative writing as well - poetic observations on life and all that jazz. And it's nice to not think about any sort of editing - just writing for the sake of keeping memories for myself.

What have you been loving this month?

3 comments

  1. I love this. ^.^ 'Cept I must say I borrowed the idea from Rachel Coker. ;)

    Miss you!
    - Em -

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best fashion Pinterest boards of all time. If I ever yearn for style inspiration, I look through your boards.

    Here's to the impending Autumn; here's to taking time to breathe and renew our hearts with much-needed relaxation. I'll be praying for you as you continue to take on new responsibilities. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie-bug & Emily: you two. YOU TWO. <3 Thank you so much for all the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.