What's Up, Where I've Been, and What To Look Out For

Monday, September 01, 2014

via pinterest

Grab yourself a cup of tea, I've got some things to share, dear friends.

So it's no secret I've been M.I.A. here. Heck, I've only posted once between now and July. Gracious. Has it really been that long? How does one waltz back into blogging after a month-long unnanounced hiatus? Does she start with some profuse, wordy apology, or is it more like "Hello, I'm Bree Holloway and I've neglected my blog for too long"? Does she need an introduction? Does she launch back into it as though nothing happened?

Though I'll never properly learn how to start a blog post, I do know that school started (hello!) and well, there are some pretty huge changes on the horizon for this space that I can't wait to share with you all (as if you haven't heard that one before).

Before we go anywhere, though, I've got some things to say.

1. YOU. Yes you, reading this right now, you are fantastic. I've been reflecting a lot lately on what a blessing it is that I get to chat with and become friends with so many wonderful women. Guys, our community is special. I don't ever want blogging to become a chore; I appreciate you like you wouldn't believe.

2. I'm not going anywhere. I've seen it happen so many times: someone changes her blog, talks about all the excitement up ahead, and before you know it gone and become different, and not the quaint homey place you started out loving. You miss the old sphere and the author that went with it. I've been through it multiple times, and I don't like it. Whatever happens to this place, (I can't say any more yet, sorry) I'm still me; I'm still your weird little Bree. And I still love you all. ^.^ That got real deep real fast.

3. I will explain all of this. Eventually. This post is ridiculously cryptic and I understand if you are all very confused. To be honest, I have no way how to relay enough of this information that you get a feel for what's coming, without spoiling anything. But there will be an explaination post, everything laid clean and all questions spoken for, because I dislike being confused, and I dislike confusing people. :)

Why was I gone so long? I felt that I did not have anything I wanted to share with you all just yet. I have been writing again, mostly working on Finding My Balance, but to be honest, I was afraid to share snippets with you of the progress there. Admittedly, it is not my best work, and I'm getting the kickback I knew I eventually would hit from leaving off writing for so long. Actually, it's sort of punched me in the gut. I've done a lot of academic writing and not much else for so long that my creative writing is a little crippled.

I'm almost relearning how to write, and it's pulling teeth. I sleep better at night knowing at least some of these unnending thoughts are saved safely and typed out cohesively. I can leave them off, and my brain is more at ease. I'm loving the heck out of it.

There you go - a bit of chicken scratch to colour your evening, and a peek into what's coming. I'm quite excited to share what I've been working on with all of you, and if I'm not mistaken, you'll be excited too. 

7 comments

  1. I'm excited to see what you've got in store, Bree! I've quite missed you:)
    xxRiley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! I've missed posting. Thanks for sticking around. Xx

      Delete
  2. Heh heh, I love you and your fabulous words. And I don't care what you say, I really want to read FINDING MY BALANCE. ^.^

    Also, I can't wait to see what you have in store (or hear what you have in store, if you'll spill soon as Lizzy says she will). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily! Yes. I can't wait to chat with you in person about some of this. Until then, though, in glad you're excited about Finding any Balance. I think I'll share some snippets later this month, since you're interested. ;)

      Delete
  3. <3 (That's really about all I can say.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what's in store!

    -Mia

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.