Healthy Chocolate Milkshake

Friday, January 30, 2015


A couple days ago I shared a photo of a healthy(ish) chocolate milkshake I had concocted for a post-work snack. Working at a fitness cafe has it's ups and downs, but one of the ups is I always come home inspired to make something healthy. I had frozen a banana earlier, knowing it would come to use, and this was the result. I've mentioned before I've a sweet tooth, and cravings for sweet things are a regular struggle. This is a wonderful alternative to an actual milkshake, and has the same delicious, creamy texture.

INGREDIENTS:
-1 banana, frozen in pieces (it blends so much easier this way)
-A few cubes of ice
-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
-1/3 cup of plain or Greek yogurt
-a dash of milk (pour according to preference - I like mine a bit thicker)
-a drizzle of honey (again, to taste)

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Add all ingredients into your blender
-Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
-Pour into a Mason jar & drink with a straw. (It's all about presentation, remember? XD)

Let me know if you try it!
How do you deal with sweet cravings?

3 comments

  1. Wow! This really looks delicious! I am going to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Glad you shared the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe! My family had a big brunch on Sunday, and I made this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.