Winter Uniform: Jeans & Knits | #OOTD

Wednesday, January 14, 2015




Since this is my first fashion post, I wanted to start simply.

/ / / TOP / / /
-Off-white crew neck sweater (Forever 21).
-Black cami (Forever 21; their camis are wonderful and under $5).

/ / / BOTTOM / / /
-Distressed, medium-wash skinny jeans (Old Navy).
-Blue sneaker loafers (Old Navy)

/ / / ACCESSORIES / / /
-Black crossbody with gold hardware (old Chanel via thrift store)
-Gold rings (Old Navy)
-Cat eye sunglasses (Thrifted)

This outfit is what I call my winter uniform. Whether I'm running errands with my Mum/sisters, going to school, or simply working on things at home, it's a good simple pairing that still feels put together. I love the combination of the bright blue shoes against the more subdued shade of the jeans. The white adds a pop of color, and anchors the sweater to the soles of the shoes, bringing a connectedness to the outfit. All the ingredients are simple items that I consider closet staples; the beauty is in the details. Add a crisp coat and you're ready to face the winter! Or exchange the shoes for thick fuzzy socks and cuddle up with a book: the choice is yours.

What does your winter uniform look like?

14 comments

  1. so pretty! I love the crisp colors.
    my winter uniform is a sweater, jeans, and a pop of color in a scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely. Sweaters and jeans are coziness itself. ^.^

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love that outfit! During the winter I usually wear a long-sleeve shirt and skinny jeans, with a pair of converse or my trusty brown boots. And a coat, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we all have similar tastes! Lovely!

      Delete
  3. Very very nice. I love the room and rug too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost cropped the rug out for simplicity's sake, but ended up keeping it. I couldn't resist the yellow-and-blue color combo. ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice outfit, Carmel. Also, I love the background with the books! Are those family bookcases? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're my favorite. And thank you!

      Delete
  5. In a tearing hurry, but I just had to say: love the simplicity, /love/ your ring; and the shiny books in the background just makes this. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rings are one of my favorite accessories - you'll notice them reappearing in later posts - as they're simplistic while still adding a touch of chic. :)

      Delete
  6. For your first ever fashion post, you did fantastic! Can't wait to see more in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CA-UTE. I love the combo of stark white and bright-blue. Also, I must applaud your thrift store find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou-thankyou! You know I'm a basics girl. And thrift stores are my regular haunt. XD

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.