Pink Knit & Knee-High Socks | #OOTD

Wednesday, February 18, 2015









/ / / TOP / / /
-Pink chunky knit sweater (Aeropostale)

/ / / BOTTOM / / /
-Black shorts (Forever 21)
-Ribbed knee-socks (Unknown)
-Brown lace-up boots (DSW)

/ / / ACCESSORIES / / /
-Blue-and-gold tiered earrings (Forever 21)
-Coffee mug (full of yumminess)

I wore thise outfit last week when the weather was warmer, but since then we have had both snow and ice and I don't think I could pull it off (jeans it is!) I love the combination of the high-low sweater and the shorts: there's something so swish and fashion-designer about it that makes me want to sketch and drink coffee. The boots I got a few years ago for Christmas, tiered as they are because I couldn't decide between a knee-high and a combat boot, and these were right between. They're a little shorter than I would like, however, so the socks extend the warmth further up my leg (because let's face it: winter is cold, and I'm wearing shorts). Chipped red nail polish is due to the fact that I am lazy and did not have time to repaint my nails, .

But the sweater is the main show, and the sweater is my favorite. I've been wearing it almost nonstop the past week and loving it!

What winter pieces are you loving at the moment?

4 comments

  1. I'm loving the knee high socks and boots! I will have to try that some time.

    My favorite winter wear is probably hoodies and hats. And I love scarves. Almost every other time I go out in the winter I've got a scarf on. I'd say jeans too, but I tend to wear those all year round. Most people consider sweats to be comfy, but jeans are my comfy wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I would love to be more of a hat person, but very few look good on my (oddly shaped?) head. XD I have a beanie I like, and a fedora. I would like to get a wide floppy one this summer, as those are universally flattering.

      I've come to the conclusion that the people who don't live in jeans are the people who haven't found the right pair yet. I love my distressed ones from Old Navy. <3

      Delete
  2. That sweater. That SWEATER. It is perfection and it looks fabulous with black. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fantastic? As I said, I've been living in it. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.