Green Drink Variations: The Green Banana Smoothie

Friday, March 13, 2015

I promised green drink variations, so green drink variations you'll get. :) This one is adapted from a recipe shared by Rach Parcell on Instagram recently; it's sweet, a light mint green and good for any time of the day (especially breakfast, when you don't feel like stomaching anything more salad-like.) Rachel uses blueberries and raspberries; I didn't have any on hand, so I drizzled in some honey for the sweetness and added more ice cubes. This would be wonderful, however, with frozen mango (thank you Anna-gram for the suggestion!) or any other fruit. I think blueberries in particular would be nice.

INGREDIENTS:
-1 large handful of fresh spinach
-1 banana
-1/2 cup skim or almond milk
-1 handful of oatmeal
-8-ish ice cubes
-Drizzle of honey
-Optional: 1/2 cup - 1 cup frozen/fresh fruit of your choice

DIRECTIONS:
-Whiz for 2 minutes, pour and serve immediately.
-This recipe serves two, if your cups are average sized - I drink out of a Mason jar so this fills one and a half. XD

If you try it, let me know - and keep on the lookout for more variations in the future!

5 comments

  1. Thank you for the variation dear Carmel! I promise to try it soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Let me know how you like it. Xx

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH- This is so delicious... I am heading to the market today and I 'm going to go get these ingredients. haha. Rarely do I ever actually take action after seeing food blogs, but this sounds so yummy!

    I hope you can stop by my bloggie too. I just did an interview and style post on this awesome fair trade fashion company. Let me know what you think! I look forward to your reply.

    Blessings and Happy Sunday,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I hope you enjoy it, if you do try it. :)

      All the best!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these Green drink variation dear. I drink the green smoothie every day. I was getting bored by drinking the same smoothie regularly. But now I have got another recipe. I’ll definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.