Minimalist: The French Look | #OOTD

Wednesday, March 11, 2015











New shooting location today, friends! I wanted to incorporate my inspiration wall, as it is mainly my style inspiration, and where better to shoot your style than right in front of that?

/ / / T O P / / /
::Striped boat-neck tee (Aeropostale, gift)

/ / / B O T T O M / / /
::Distressed jeans (Old Navy)
::Socks (because I can)

/ / / A C C E S S O R I E S / / /
::Pearl earrings (Old Navy, gift)


This is my super-simple, go-to French look. It's one of my favorites too, particularly recently, as spring is beginning to arrive. There's something so attractive to me about the deliniated structure of the French girl look, and no one can deny they've got the formula down (je ne sais quoi, anyone?). So today, I'm drawing inspiration from overseas.

The cleanness of stripes paired with denim keeps the whole ensemble very fresh, simple, and relaxed. For shoes, (as much as I love a good heel), sometimes its nice to wear cute, stripey socks for those days you're staying at home. And pearls are a cult classic - definitely Parisian. 

What do you think? Are you a fan of the Parisian look?

4 comments

  1. I love the Parisian look! To me, stripes and trenchcoats are always a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, trenchcoats! My favorite outerwear of all time, ever.

      Delete
  2. You wear it well, and I love it. I have been wanting to find a Breton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would look good in a Breton. I bash the principle that horizontal stripes widen, because I have found that the right cut and colors override that factor - and besides, stripes are a staple! ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.