Peanut Butter Protein Truffles

Friday, March 06, 2015

I shared my snack of peanut butter protein truffles on Instagram the other day and got quite a response. I was planning already to share them here on the blog, but that certainly expediated the process.

So what are they exactly? They're my sugar-free combattant to chocolate ooey-gooeyness cravings; they're good for you, but even better they taste good (so much of healthy food does not, and honestly, I have little incentive to enjoy anything I don't like the taste of - save the green drink, which I oddly love even though most do not.) They aren't immensely sweet, but they have that incomparable flavour of peanut-butter-and-chocolate, with the crisp twang of salt to enliven the impression.

Ingredients:
-1/4 cup raw peanut butter (Publix have an amazing, fresh ground sort, if they're in your area. If not, I'm sure there are other brands at places like Whole Foods/etc.)
-3 or so tablespoons cocoa powder (depends on how chocolatey you want them)
-2 tablespoons of honey
-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, plus a pinch for garnish.

Directions:
-Combine all ingredients until it forms a smooth, thick paste.
-Roll into balls, about the size of grape tomatoes. Or, if you're one of those that loves cookie dough (been there, done that), it's perfectly safe to eat raw with a spoon (or on toast. Divine.)
-Refrigerate 4+ hours; preferably overnight.
-Sprinkle with sea salt & enjoy.
-Optional: roll in cocoa powder for a richer flavour.

These are great to hit those afternoon sweet-tooth cravings with a cup of coffee, or as an after-dinner treat with a glass of milk.

This is just the basic recipe, and I see it as the sort of square-one of peanut butter truffles. I'm already planning to try them with shredded, unsweetened coconut rolled in, or chopped walnuts, or cinnamon, for a special kick. Opportunites are endless - so get creative & show me what you come up with!
And, as always, tag me on Instagram/Twitter/etc and use the hashtag #inthepink so I can see your photos, be inspired, and probably head back into the kitchen to make another batch.


xx. CARMEL

2 comments

  1. This sounds amazing. Peanut butter is the best thing that was ever invented, and whoever first mixed it with chocolate was a genius. ;) I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter and chocolate were a match made in heaven. Let me know if you like it!

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.