7 Goals (You Might Not Have Known I Have)

Friday, April 03, 2015

via pinterest
The ever-fabulous Brianna Wachter recently challenged her friends to share seven of their ambitions - almost as a way of getting-to-know-you-better, and I thought it was a brilliant idea. I'm all for setting goals, whether as a way to track progress or encourage you to work harder, or simply as a happy dream-list, like this one. I have no idea which (if any) of these will happen, nor how soon, but I figure it's fun to document my ambitions at every stage of life - if anything, looking back on the progression and change will be interesting in itself.

1. Inspire people. 
This is pretty lifelong. I want to live in such a way that people watching will want to do the same. Maybe it's selfish; it's always been a desire of mine.

2. Be a stylist.
I love the idea of travelling the world and selecting gorgeous pieces to make gorgeous people look their best.

3. Publish my books
You probably guessed this one. I have about 5 works-in-progress, all of which I would love to publish in due time. When that is I can only guess, but this I plan to make happen.

4. Host fabulous house parties.
Similar to Brianna, I would love to host Downton-Abbey size house parties. Planning and organizing events, while not something I would want to do full-time, is a great hobby of mine and definitely something I would enjoy doing more regularly someday. Of course, before all that I would have to...

5. Marry
This one is self-explanatory. I am a simple girl at heart, with dreams of an intelligent man, a fireside, and children of my own, someday. We shall have to wait on God's timing for this one. ;)

6. Visit Europe
You may have noticed I have a penchant for travel. One of the top places on my list is Europe, and I've always dreamed of road-tripping across the rolling hills of Scotland, or having a picnic a la Jardin des Tuilleries. 

7. Journal consistantly
I have been journalling on and off probably since I was 10, but only consistantly since I was 12-ish. More recently, I've been a bit lax about recording things, and I would like to not only get into a better habit of that, but continue it into my twenties...and thirties and so on. I would love to have those thoughts and feelings, fresh from the moments I wrote them, preserved for me to look back on and for my children to read and revel in.

They are little more then dreams, all of them, but lovely nonetheless, yes? What are some of your goals?

10 comments

  1. This is such a great idea! You never really know someone's heart until you see what their biggest ambitions in life are. 1 3 4 5 6 ditto! I hope you are able to achieve these goals and change the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you, Hannah! I would love to see your goals as well. ^.^

      Delete
  2. 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 would be on my list too. But I'd be happy *attending* those fabulous house parties. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! A party is nothing without fantastic guests. ;)

      Delete
  3. Visit Europe! I love that one. I want to travel. I'm not sure it matters so much as where since there are many places I'd love to visit.

    Inspiring people has always been one of mine too. I never really thought of it as being selfish though. I kind of always thought of it as a sort of giving back to people. . . I don't even know if that makes sense. I love it when I find inspiration in someone else. It encourages and refreshes me. It gives me things to think about. I'd like to do that for others too.

    Publish! Yes! So much.

    Also I want to be excellent at playing guitar, but I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the point you made about inspiring people being a way of giving back - it's one of those things I have thought but never been able to put in words, so thank you for that. :)

      If you ever need travel inspiration, on that note, I've got a whole hatful of destinations is like to visit. You know, in the unforeseeable future. ;)

      Delete
  4. Those are such great ambitions to have, Carmel. I really like this idea of making a list of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I like to keep them on record, for future reference if nothing else. ;)

      Delete
  5. Loved reading some of your goals! And I'm totally going to have to attend one of your parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the Wachter family is always, always welcome (just look fab as usual & were good to go). ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.