Mirrored: Stripes x Gold | #OOTD

Wednesday, April 22, 2015











I had way too much fun with mirrors while taking these pictures.
Top: thrifted, New York and Company / Jeans, sandals, necklace: Old Navy / Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Rose Rush

I don't know what it is about Spring, but whenever it rolls around, I get really excited to cut back my wardrobe and take things back to basics. I'm simultaneously excited to bring in new, brighter, lighter pieces.

It's somewhat ironic, then, that all I chose to wear the same old jeans and a simple striped blouse yesterday. I did however jazz it up with some new gold jewelry: I've been working a lot of Grecian looks recently, and though a gold cuff hardly counts as Grecian, I'm going to go with it. Here's to all the cool glory and golden warmth of sweet spring days.

What are you loving this spring?

15 comments

  1. I absolutely love this look! It's so gorgeous and fresh...I'm in love with that cuff, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca - I love going to fresher looks this time of year, and this was the perfect balance between hot and cool. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute, classy outfit! I need to get some new spring clothes soon. There's definitely something about spring that just makes you crave a new wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! There's really nothing like a few crisp, bright pieces to lighten your spirits. :)

      Delete
  3. La-la-love this! I saw your photo on Pinterest and thought the SOURCE was Pinterest. Well done. I'm a current fan of blue and gold. <3 Blue and Gold: a good idea since Amy March. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, dear! Gotta throw in a bit of Amy March now and again then haven't we? ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tracey: thank you! It was an impulse buy, but I ended quite happy with it. ;)

      Delete
  5. That is so cute! I love your top! Stripes are amazing. :) I like the gold with your blue nail polish too. It goes so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You noticed my chipping Cinderella-toned manicure! I think the color combo is a great one, though, even if one party is less than all there. ;D

      Delete
  6. You are so classy and graceful and gorgeous and cute. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that lip color, and the gold jewelry! So cute.
    I'm pretty into more minimal fashion right now also- I'm even thinking of creating a capsule wardrobe for spring!
    Have a great evening!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one lipstick lover to another, thank you. ;)

      I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe! I've actually considered doing that as well. If anything, it's a wonderful exercise for using your clothing more.
      Let me know how yours goes!

      Delete
  8. I do the same thing when spring arrives. it is fun to leave behind the thick layers and wear something light.

    I like how you did this outfit. It's simple but pretty

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.