Friday's Face: Lightweight for Summer

Friday, May 29, 2015

Hello all! I'm starting a new series on Fridays featuring a "face" of makeup: either a current favorite of mine, something special relating to the moment, or something requested by you all!

I wanted to start with something simple, lightweight and summer appropriate, as June is practically upon us. I know many of us are going on vacations, daytrips or simply laying out by the pool in the very near future, and the last thing you want in a warm situation is a thick layer of foundation melting off your skin. Thus, my summer #FridaysFace!

FACE//
-Before I do any of my makeup I like to exfoliate and moisturize my lips (eos lip balm in Sweet Mint.)
-elf Mineral Infused Face Primer (apply a pea-sized amount over areas that tend to get shiny; for me, this is my T-zone.)
-Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation SPF 18 (I apply with a moist beauty blender for a lighter, more blendable finish.)
-elf All Over Color Stick in Persimmon (apply to cheekbones for a highlightery type of blushed finish. I also add this to my Cupid's bow, and blend with my fingers)

EYES//
-Prime your eyelids (I use elf Eyelid Primer. Simple enough).
-Apply a dark brown color into the crease ("Faint" from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, Warpaint Beauty flat domed brush).
-Blend with a fluffy brush (elf Eyeshadow "C" Brush)
-I like to curl my eyelashes with a Revlon eyelash curler, but this step is up to you!
-Apply a few coats of your favorite mascara (I'm currently loving the Full Lash Bloom from Covergirl in the waterproof formula to prevent smudging.)

LIPS//
-Now that your lips are primed and moisturized, wipe away the balm so your lips are dry and non-oily.
-Apply a bright orange lipstick of your choice (Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in the shade Rose Rush is what I used in the above photo.)

What sort of face are you loving as the summer comes along?

7 comments

  1. That's a lovely lipstick shade on you! I'm really in to soft peach colors right now combined with bronzer and a light shimmery eye.
    Hope your having a wonderful day!
    -Lauren
    http://www.musingsofaflowerchild.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I've been wanting to find a nice satin-finish, peachy color but haven't landed on one just yet. I think I'll want to try a Mac one; what are some of your favorites?

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is really helpful.

    I don't know a whole lot about make up. But recently I've been hearing about primer and I noticed you mentioned it. What is it? Or rather what is it's purpose? I was taught to just use foundation, but I'm learning there are a billion and different one ways to do make up.

    I think I'm going to have to try that lip balm you mentioned. My lips seem dry all year round, no matter the weather. Maybe I need to try something different than Blistix alone.

    This was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley! Primer is helpful to fill in any unevenness in the surface of your face before you apply your makeup, and also often provides a longer wear for foundation. I like to think of it as the "cement" between the makeup and your skin, but it's not as harsh as that. ;)

      In glad to hear you're getting interested in makeup! It's a beautiful world, if you can keep your head about you. ;)

      Delete
  3. Do you know that feeling when your reading someone's blog and you just feel like you should be bet friends with that person? Your interests align and hearts go in the same direction? Well, Carmel, I got that feeling when I discovered your blog! I can't wait to be friends!

    And a lovely post! I really like highlighting right now for a dewy finish, and I use Loreal's Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer to make this happen. I think I want to experiment with some lip colors, though, maybe peach like Lauren posted about.

    Hannah from Grace in Everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that, Hannah; welcome to the blog, and please stick around! :) I've been interested in trying the Loreal Magic Lumi primer; my only concern was that it might make my face too shiny. How have you found it?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use it to highlight my cheek and brow bones, so it doesn't look too shiny on me, but if you want an understated look, cover it with a bit of power after applying. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.