Summer Playlist 2015

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

via pinterest
For me, certain types of music are eternally etched "summer music," and each year invariably ends up with its own song or two that, upon listening to them, sum up that summer in a nutshell. But whatever the song is, it's always a part of a decent list of songs that are my go-to during the warmer months. This is this year's lineup...

1. Geronimo by The Sheppards
2. Nothing Without Love by Nate Reuss
3. It Is Well by Bethel Music
4. Bright by Echosmith
5. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
6. My Blood by Ellie Goulding
7. Brother by Needtobreathe
8. Not Today by Twenty One Pilots
9. Welcome to New York by Taylor Swift
10. The Judge by Twenty One Pilots

What are you listening to this summer?

7 comments

  1. I like that Geronimo. :) I haven't heard of these other ones though. I'll have to give them a listen.

    Mostly, I'm listening to Switchfoot's new album Fading West. Also:

    Holy Spirit by Francesca Battistelli
    Take Me In by Kutless
    The Loser by Switcfoot
    Where No One Goes from How to Train Your Dragon 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "Where No One Goes"! Such a great song. <3

      Delete
  2. "Bright" is definitely on my list, too. ^.^ I've also been listening to lots of soundtracks lately, from Anastasia and The Prince of Egypt, Broadway's Aladdin and Newsies. Et cetera. All the goodness.

    And one can never go wrong with a little Ed Sheeran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Prince of Egypt is one of my favorites. I've always loved the end song..."Miracles" I think it's called (wow way too long since I've watched that movie! Ha!) And of course Ed Sheeran. Always and forever. <3

      Delete
  3. I love Needtobreathe. Their album Rivers in the Wasteland is fantastic.

    I've been listening to a lot of classical lately (especially when I write). Some of my favorite songs are by Bach and Chopin. I also recently discovered The Civil Wars (about a year too late) and have been listening to "The Girl with the Red Balloon" and "The One That Got Away" on loop. Also, James Horner's recent passing has me listening to the Braveheart soundtrack again. I've never seen the movie but I love that score. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to listen to more of the songs on Rivers in the Wasteland! I've heard it's really good. :) I loved The Civil Wars, while they lasted.

      But James Horner is my favorite. And Braveheart! (For The Love of a Princess! Wallace Courts Murron! Making Plans and Gathering Clans!) That man left such a legacy behind him. <3

      Delete
  4. Oooh! Some of my favorite songs are on here! Geronimo, Bright, Anything Could Happen, Welcome to New York. <3 I totes have to listen to the others!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.