5 DREAM SUMMER TRAVEL DESTINATIONS

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Because sometimes, it's fun to daydream. :)

via pinterest

1. PARIS, FRANCE
Top of my list at the moment, as probably every other summer, because I love the idea of spending hot days strolling down through gardens and cooling off in museums, spending the evenings in long chats over beautiful dinners, and waking up in the morning to that classic Parisian breakfast fare of black coffee, croissants, and orange juice.

via pinterest

2. MYKONOS, GREECE
Because if you can't spend a week in the heart of fashion history, what better option than to live on the beach and explore quaint cobbled streets and pastel-panted houses? Not to mention the abundance of fresh and beautiful food...
via pinterest
3. NEW YORK CITY
I love the vibe of the city in summertime, and if that wasn't convincing enough, I've been positively loving Lauren Pfeiffer's Instagram feed at the moment - that alone will make you want to visit! I want to get up early, get my coffee and wander down the streets and explore.

via pinterest
4. CARMEL, CA
My namesake town. Full of quiet neighborhoods leading into a quaint town with the sweetest, tiny coffee shops and from there sloping to the great, grey waves. The weather is quiet, cool and foggy year-round, perfect for escaping the summer heat, and the food available is fantastic and fresh. Love.

via pinterest
5. TUSCANY, ITALY
Just search for a few photos of Tuscany on Pinterest and you will see so many photos of beautiful farmland, rust-tinted streets, beautiful homes...not to mention, I don't think anyone can do pizza and pasta quite like the Italians. Love!

For more travel inspiration, visit my globe-trotting board on Pinterest.

Where would you most like to visit - and have you travelled anywhere lovely this summer?

8 comments

  1. I love this post! So many beautiful pictures. :D

    I'm more of an outdoors person. I love going for walks in the woods or just anywhere. As well as camping, though I don't often get the chance to do so. If I'm in the city then I want to do things like visit museums and libraries and go to plays.

    I like all of your destination ideas! I think Alaska would be neat too. It sounds beautiful and all those mountains! I love the mountains and there's not any where I live. Plus, I love road trips. Any kind of road trip and I will love it, especially if it's through the forests in the north. The trees up north are so majestic and lovely.

    We are going to FL to visit my grandparents this summer. The ocean is awesome too! I don't know what it is about it. It's just inspiring to life in general and somehow the ocean atmosphere is very reviving. Maybe it has something to do with water being the basis for life. *shrugs* But one day I'd love to visit the Pacific. See if the oceans are any different, even though it's all the same water. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you've brought up being outdoors, Ashley. There's something so peaceful about being in nature, and I always find myself spending a lot of time in prayer when I'm outside. :)

      The ocean. The sea has such a bewitching power. I totally get what you're saying - there's just a tug in my heart that wants constantly to return to it. <3 I love the Pacific Ocean. If you ever get the chance, definitely go & see it.

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful choices! I think my top 5 are London, Paris, Mykonos, Barcelona, and Seoul. I'm probably mostly interested in visiting major cities, but the thought of being at a tropical getaway or laying on the sand really makes me swoon too.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine! I'd love to visit Barcelona and Mykonos as well! So many beautiful places, and so little time...

      Delete
  3. I want to go to all of those places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'll get the suitcase & you get the picnic basket. :)

      Delete
  4. These are all so lovely! I would love to visit the west coast and Paris during the summer. Oh, yes, and Ireland or Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland & Scotland! Why didn't I think of them? Definitely also on my list. But of course, my ultimate travel list is scores longer...XD

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.