Monday's Recipe: Blueberry Oatmeal

Monday, July 13, 2015

via pinterest
It feels like it's been ages since I've posted something here! Sorry once again for the week-long leave-of-absence: I was out of both home and wifi for the majority of last week, and unable to share much along the way. I did however draft several things to share while I was gone, so stay tuned for that!

I wanted to share a recipe with you guys today, as it's been quite a while since we've done one of these.  (I'm also thinking of doing a series on breakfast, so let me know if that interests you!) Anyway...

You know I love my oatmeal. It's one of the best breakfasts because it's so clean and simple, while still being a versatile base for whatever you top it with!

INGREDIENTS
-2/3 cup of oatmeal
-2/3 cup of water
-pinch of salt
-1/2 cup (or a handful) of fresh blueberries
-a pinch of unsweetened coconut shavings
-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup

DIRECTIONS
-If you have the patience to cook your oatmeal on the hob and clean the dishes afterwards, props to you! For the rest of us, I simply combine the water and oatmeal in a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt for flavour and pop it in the microwave for a minute and a half. Watch it while it cooks, because you do need to stop it and stir occasionally to avoid overbubbling.

-Once your oatmeal is done, transfer it to your bowl and top with blueberries, a drizzle of the maple syrup and a pinch of coconut. Maple syrup is wonderful because it doesn't contain additives of chemicals and sugar, etc. and the flavour, of course, is delicious and pairs well with any sort of fruit.

-Allow your bowl to cool for a few minutes before enjoying. :)

What have you all been up to lately? How are your summers going? Let me know!

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.