The Elegance Files, No. 1

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

via pinterest
I don't claim to be the connoisseur of elegance, but as I do claim it as part of my philosophy, I thought it would be fun to share some of my tips for being elegant, and for all you lovely ladies to join the throng in the comments below with your own. You are all lovely, with your own ways of being elegant, and I would love to hear what makes you feel beautiful. <3 p="">
Today's topic is body image, a taboo subject if there ever was one. If we aren't proud of our figures, society tells us we should be; if we are, we're told we're too arrogant. You may have read a hundred articles on how to be confident in your own skin, or you may have read one, and you would be as close to discovering a true sense of self either way. There are only so many ways you can tell a person to "be herself", and I've found maybe one, if any, to be truly helpful to me. So what do we do?

There are a lot of ways to feel confident in yourself, but true elegance is far more eluding. Elegance comes when you aren't trying. The most elegant people I know do not appear elegant because they have spent a lot of time studying the art of self-confidence, and harbor the marrow-sliver like a treasure. They are elegant - they are truly, humbly confident because they do not think about themselves, but put others before them. They are happy, because they have worked hard, because they spend their time productively and do not dwell on ill thoughts.
True beauty, and from beauty to body confidence, comes not from struggling with your "inner self" but understanding your inherent value in the kingdom of Heaven, how highly treasured you are by your Creator - and how can we destroy the work of the greatest Artist? 


Be pretty if you can, be witty if you must, but be graceful if it kills you.

What tips do you have to be elegant? Is there any topic you specifically want to see a post on? 

5 comments

  1. you are the cutest! i just love this!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Elegance is all in your attitude toward yourself, toward others, toward life in general. It's not all looks. It's your outlook on life and your actions in it.

    I can't wait to see more of these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it, Ashley! I'm excited to share conversation on one of my favorite topics. <3

      Delete
  3. I just read all of the Elegance Files up to now and I love them! They remind me of the movements of life that truly matter and how to represent grace in all that I do! Great series!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.