Updating Your Bedroom (To Stay Cool This Summer)

Monday, July 20, 2015

As we well know, a good night's sleep is essential to health, but we can't always get that. I personally find it a bit more difficult to sleep during the summer for a multitude of reasons, but mainly due to temperatures: nothing quite ruins a gorgeous summer day like being unable to sleep at night because of the heat! While there's no foolproof recipe to a perfect night's sleep, there are a few ways to maintain a cool, comfortable temperature. Today I'm going to share with you the ways I've found most effective, as well as a few products that may help you in getting there! Sweet dreams. Xx

via pinterest

1. TRANSITION YOUR LINENS
I love my fleecy bedsheets in the winter, but living in the south in the month of July means using these is an absolute impossibility. Pick a pair of sheets with a nice lightweight texture, preferably in a cool-toned (or better, white) shade so as not to absorb heat during the day and resulting in a cool, crisp bed in the evening. Lightweight-but-still-cosy duvet covers like these, from Parachute Luxury Bedding, are another good option for those of us who don't want to sacrifice comfort for coolness!

via pinterest
2. CREATE ATMOSPHERE
I love to have a ceiling fan going all night long, not just for a gentle breeze, but also the humming of it. I find the sound soothing and peaceful, just what I need to fall asleep quickly.

via pinterest
3. STAY HYDRATED
Your body needs liquid for many reasons, not the least of which to fight heat and keep your overall body temperature down. Guzzling some water before you go to bed is an excellent way to cool down, and is good for you for multiple reasons besides.

How do you stay cool on summer nights? Have you discovered any wonderful methods to falling asleep despite the heat (and without cranking your air conditioning unit to impossible measures!)?

5 comments

  1. It is harder to sleep during the summer, especially on those excruciatingly humid evenings. I don't have a ceiling fan in my room, so I usually just do my best to get comfortable under thin blankets and sheets. These are some great tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Hannah! I can never sleep entirely uncovered, so I love a good thin blanket during summer. :)

      Delete
  2. how to update your bedroom according to the pictures: add a kitten.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceiling fan is a must, mostly for the noise. It definitely helps me sleep.

    I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.