Autumn Shopping List

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

images via pinterest
Rachel recently shared her Autumn shopping list (complete with a darling watercolour-sketch) and challenged her followers to share theirs, and of course I was going to join in on the challenge!

While I find I have more of my Autumn Staples this year than I don't, I would love to find a few outstanding statement pieces to shake things up a bit and stretch my style-limits.

1. NAVY STATEMENT-COLLAR COAT
I have a green peacoat, but I would love to find a navy one with a wide, sharp collar (as in the above photo). There's just something about that that is very attractive to me: sharp, a little bit adventurous, tailored. Love.

2. LOW-CUT ANKLE BOOTIES
I love the look of a little peek of ankle between your booties and skinny jeans that this sort of shoe allows, perfect for the breezy Autumn weather that doesn't always require socks, but still a warm shoe. The laser-cut shoes pictured above are, of course, dreamy (Anthropologie) but for more budget options, I know H&M has a few cute pairs.

3. SOMETHING FUR
I would love to find a wearable fur jacket this season. I've found cheap ones, and they always look cheap. I've found one or two at thrift stores, but they usually look dingy or fit ill. Yet I've seen it pulled off sucessfully online, enough so that I think it's a worthy statement piece to add to my closet. So the search continues!

4. KNIT PANTS
A faded-plaid style would be ideal (with a tweed-esque look), but anyting with texture will do the trick: I want to play around with depth and values of fabric this season.

5. THE PERFECT WHITE BLOUSE
Yes, I'm still looking. I have one white blouse, at least, but I would like one with more structure, to be worn under sweaters/etc.

6. JEWEL-TONED FLORALS
We typically think of florals as a summertime article, but I love the look of wearing deep, jewel-toned florals in Autumn (particularly that gorgeous emerald green!). I would love to find a nice Autumn-appropriate floral dress.

What are you looking to add to your wardrobe for the Autumn season?

8 comments

  1. I am so looking forward to autumn! I would die to have a navy statement collar coat--once I'm back on my feet I am keeping an eye out for one in my shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you find one & where it's from, Meghan! I'm on the lookout. ;) Hope you're feeling better after your surgery!

      Delete
    2. Will do! :) You do the same.
      And I'm feeling really good. :) Got an infection and another hospital stay out of the way and am on the up and up. :)

      Delete
  2. A blanket scarf! They look so incredibly cozy. Just trying to find the right one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's from Merona, if that's of any help to you. It might be last season though. Boo. I also believe H&M have some...

      Delete
  3. I love your list!
    I needed new jeans for autumn and I got those yesterday but aside from that I'd love some statement jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love a good statement necklace or earrings. Old Navy have a really good selection in last I checked; also Target (of course!). And if you have the budget, Bauble Bar is my all time favorite for statement jewelry. Seriously, even if you don't have the budget check it out because it's amazing! ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the suggestions!

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.