LIFE LATELY: 17 AUG 2015

Monday, August 17, 2015

via tumblr
It's been a while since we've had a plain ole' chat about life over here, so I figured it was about time to give you all an update. What's going on, what's coming up, and everything in between!

(In list form, because in case you hadn't noticed, all I do is write lists. XD)

-Another school semester has begun again, and I'm already cranking the to-do lists and the tea. I did manage to find a cute Union Jack notebook for a little art-journalling over the year, and a pretty snazzy computer bag (brand new, Merona, found at Goodwill for 1/4 of the price. What!) to boot. It's weird to think this will be the last time I do this. Growing up is strange.

-It's about the time of year now where I'm getting excited for fall. What? Me excited for fall? Am I not 100% a summer girl? Yes, I am 100 percent a summer girl. Yes, I'm excited for fall to begin. No this is not a paradox. I've got a blanket-level tartan scarf at the ready (Lauren's closet sale was fantastic; check it out here) and a few cute new autumn bits that I can't wait to crack out at the first sign of a 50 degree day (because that is Fall in the South. I'm not complaining. ;)

-The Psithurism writing pace has slowed down noticeably with the start of the school year, but I'm hoping once I finish David Copperfield and get into the rhythm of this schedule I'll be able to pick up that pace more consistently. On that note, I'm nearly finished with Copperfield and I'm really finding it enjoyable. The climax! The characters! Very good. A friend of mine described it as the male (or perhaps, Dickens) equivalent of Jane Eyre - which is surprisingly acurate, odd though it sounds.

-I bought two M.A.C. lipsticks last week. I'm in love! Have you tried any, and if so, what are your favorite shades?

How are your writing projects coming along? Are you excited for fall? Have you found anything spectacular shopping recently? Let me know! :)

7 comments

  1. I love that you only write lists, Carmel. Me too.

    1) huzzah for the class of 2016! Though the last year of high school seems terrifying too.
    2) if we all close our eyes and wish, perhaps fall will come faster?
    3) as for spectacular shopping I recently went to a used clothing store (like Buffalo Exchange or Plato's Closet) and ended up with two striped sweaters, a striped dress, and a fall purse. I'm excited to wear stripes this fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifying, exciting - it's all happening! ;)
      Yay for stripes! That sounds like a good shopping day to me. Speaking of, I'm going on the hunt for a leather bag...

      À bientôt!

      Delete
  2. Lists are bae. If I talked like that. Which I don't -- to quote Rachel. *grin*

    --I am coveting your Union Jack notebook. Is this college or highschool? I feel like it's college, but I can't recall.
    --A summer girl who loves autumn... this feels very much like a paradox. ;) Fall and winter are the months when I am most alive. I think it's a combination of the sharp weather and cozy indoors.
    --My love for David Copperfield knows no bounds. It's my favorite Dickens besides ATOTC and ACC. A male Jane Eyre? That IS surprisingly accurate. O.o

    Alas, I haven't purchased anything fall-related yet. Except tea. Adagio teas is amazing. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lists *are* bae. ;)
      This is high school, actually! I'm honored you thought I was as old, though. I must have fooled you. ;)
      I'm glad someone likes winter. I do not, but it's good not everyone is miserable during those colder months!

      Always tea. Always. <3

      Delete
  3. Commenting in list form is just as fun as blogging in list form, so here we go:
    -Growing up is most definitely strange. I've been out of high school for a year and I'm still blinking bemusedly at "adulthood."
    -My current writing project, a novella-sized Sleeping Beauty retelling is progressing nicely. Too nicely, methinks, because I've already exceeded the word limit (it's for a contest), but the story's not close to being over yet. o.o
    -Fall...I love the first month or two of it, but please, not yet! I haven't gotten my fill of summer!
    -Ooh, a tartan scarf. :) I recently bought a nice infinity scarf in a fall shade from Nordstrom--on sale too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're writing for the Five Enchanted Roses contest? That's wonderful! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. ^.^
      I'm with you on the topic of fall, but somehow it keeps cropping up nontheless. I think school's start makes it almost inevitable for me, but enjoy summer as long as you can! Fall is nice but I'm not a fan of what usually follows. XD

      Delete
    2. I am, yes! I entered the previous two years as well, and each time has been a fun, new experience. Have you ever entered?
      Winter... >.< My feelings on it are similar to fall--love the first couple months, and after that I'm ready for warmer temperatures again. Sadly, winter in the Canadian prairies is about five months long. But yes, school would make fall feel much more present already.

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.