#OOTD: Summertime Florals

Monday, August 03, 2015

It's been absolutely ages since I've shared an outfit post over here, and that is due to a combination of many things - not the least of which being I've misplaced by camera battery charger, and obviously a few things snowballed from that. However, phone photos are not 100% unbearable, so here they are for now - until things can be remedied, they'll have to do. XP



Hat: Forever 21 / Tee: Target / Shorts: Charlotte Russe / Shoes: unknown, Thrifted

I don't know about you, but my summer is typically quite low-key - time for getting the nice things done, like blogging and writing and artsy things, and not a ton of social interaction ends up happening. I do still like to dress nicely though - low-key also means get togethers are last minute, and I usually don't have time to change much between one thing and the next. This outfit is simple enough (shorts and a tee) but with enough interest (patterns, colors, a hat!) to keep things clever. It's also very comfortable, whether I'm sitting on the porch typing away at my laptop or shopping and running errands. I keep my makeup simple, with a flick of eyeliner for sophistication and Rimmel X Kate Moss Lipstick in shade #104, because it's a gorgeous Tom-Ford-Indian-Rose-Esque shade (but at about a 10th of the price) and I'm in love.

And of course, who doesn't love a wide floppy hat?

What have you been wearing this summer?

6 comments

  1. oh my gosh, I adore your shorts! I'm working strange hours this summer, so I usually end up wearing work clothes, but when I'm not I like to wear a nicer shirt with shorts to keep it classy.
    and can I just say your room looks beautiful?? I'd love a room tour someday, if you're willing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! I love adding a twist on an old standby. ;)

      Delete
  2. Seems we have something in common! I'm all about floral shorts and a tee for the summer. I really love those shoes.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floral shorts for the win. I'm sure you rock them gorgeously. :)

      Delete
  3. You rock those floral shorts, Carmel! And I'm just a big fan of a big hat. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - thanks girly! The hat was a fantastic last-minute decision. Forever 21 is like a vortex & sometimes I get sucked in, but sometimes that ends up being a good thing. In the case of the hat, a very good thing. ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.