#OOTD: Throwback Trends

Friday, August 28, 2015




TOP: Old Navy / CARDIGAN: Ann Taylor, thrifted / PANTS: Old Navy / SANDALS: Rue 21, thrifted / NECKLACE: courtesy of dear Emily!

More monochrome! Are you surprised? XD
I threw this combination on in a bit of a whim last week and ended up loving it (so of course I snapped photos before running out of the house). When I think of sweaters tied around waists, the first thing I remember is my 4th-6th grade days when tying your sweater was the height of fashion. #90skid 
Oh man, how things have changed! Fascinating how fashion trends from our childhood resurface, though, isn't it? 

What crazy combinations did you wear as a child? Have any of them resurfaced in fashion lately? Would you reinvent any of your childhood styles to be worn today? Let me know!

1 comment

  1. Oh, yes sweaters around the waist meant you were "cool"... Haha!!!

    Birkenstocks!!!! Those sandals have resurfaced! My mom can remember wearing them!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.