#OOTD: A Touch of Fall

Friday, September 18, 2015


Here in the South, Autumn doesn't really begin until late October/early November where temperatures are concerned. It's the middle of September and it's still 80+ degrees Farenheit regularly, except for the occasional cool day (cool being 70 degrees).

Nontheless, as it is Autumn in my mind, I'm about ready to encorporate the styles.

In order to not melt, I encorporated two monochrome pieces: one striped, one with a geometric pattern, both flowy and lightweight (skater skirts are miraculous). I didn't want to do anything to colorful but to keep a clean palette, not only so the accents would truly pop, but also because I was mixing patterns. The best and most effective way to mix patterns is within the same color scheme, or better monochromatic: simple, yet not.

For accents, I went entirely berry: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in the shade "Parisian Passion" on the lips & Rimmel 60-Second Rita Ora nail color in "Rita Rouge" on the nails for a shot of Autumnal sophistication.

What are you wearing as the Autumn season creeps in?

12 comments

  1. Here in South Dakota it's getting a little colder, so I'm sticking with lightweight long sleeved shirts and jeans or shorts with light sweaters.
    random question, but are you ever worried about getting your lipstick on your background? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get into my long sleeves a bit - right now jeans are the most I can do. ;)
      Yes, I have actually been a bit concerned about it - in this case I cleaned the outer rim enough that it wasn't a problem, but in other cases (fortunately on more solid surfaces) I have had to do a bit of post-photo cleaning. XD Great question!

      Delete
  2. I've been itching to try the Korean gradiated lip, but need a lip stain to try it. Where did you pick up the lovely Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gradient lips are so in - I can't wait to see what you come up with! I found it at CVS, but you should be able to pick it up at any major drugstore or department store. :)

      Delete
  3. Love it! Especially loving how you're mixing those patterns. I'm such a northeasterner because I just love colder seasons. It's still pretty warm right now (though there were a few colder days and it gets super chilly at night now), but I've already started wearing darker/cold-weather-inspired polishes.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm I envy your chillier days! I can't wait to pull out some more sweaters...

      Delete
  4. I love this combination!
    The berry against the neutrals is simply perfect for a warm fall (I feel ya there, I'm anxiously waiting for the cooler weather to finally be here for real :)
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! I am so antsy for Autumn, I have all my favorite Fall outfits ready to go for whenever we have a perfect, cool day. Also I really really like that lip color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - I definitely have a few planned outfits ready to go the moment we get a day under 80...;)
      The lip color is one of my favorite Autumn shades.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love how you mixed patterns! Also, that advice on mixing patterns, I must keep that in mind, since I like to experiment with that a bit. ;)

    And skater skirts are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that outfit!

    WWW.TheZenFashionista.Com

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.