5 FAVORITE LIPSTICKS: AUTUMN

Monday, October 05, 2015

Back in about July, I believe it was, I shared a post with my Top 5 Favorite Summer Lipsticks. It was such a fun post I decided to do another roundup, this time for the Fall (because it's October now. WHAT.)

1. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion
I've mentioned this a couple times on here already, but this shade of liquid lipstick is absolutely beautiful, a rich plummy red-ish purple, exactly the right shade for that classic Fall look. My one bone to pick with it is, (as Lauren also mentioned in her lovely Fall Lipsticks video, which you should definitely check out) it tends to dry patchy if you put it all on in one go. The best way to apply this is thinly, and in two (or three!) layers. The formula is very buildable, moisturizing and with decent staying power. And really, that color...

2. Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lasting Finish Lipliner in Spice
I mentioned this in my favorites if you want a more thorough review of the product itself; however, the color: that warm browny pink, almost a little red is the perfect on-trend shade for this Autumn season. It's universally flattering.

3. M.A.C. Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Another one from my favorites! This bold, blue-toned red is just the right punch to pair with a simple neutral outfit, a little bit of glitz for nicer occassions or simply with your coziest flannel because we are just. that. fun. ;)

4. Butter London Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Toffee
This. Shade. Oh my goodness. It's like a dark, slightly brown mauve that is dark enough to be Autumnal (but not your typical full-on purple) with a glossy finish; it's highly pigmented but also easily buildable - massage in one layer for a more sublte finish or layer it up for a full on mauve lip. It's got a deliciously subtle minty scent, it's moisturizing, and the best part? It fades evenly.

5. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks in #104 and #107
Because I couldn't pick one, these are my two favorite of the Rimmel Kate Moss range. #104 (pictured above) is a fabulous your-lips-but-darker shade, great if you're wanting to channel that almost-Western, spicy-and-warm Fall makeup trend. #107 is the best matte plum shade you can find at the drugstore, my all-time favorite purple. (And it's just around $5.)

What lipsticks are you loving this Fall?

2 comments

  1. I'm going to try out the rimmel 1000 kisses lipliner... lipstick is still a vast unknown for me and it sounds like a great place to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do! It's such a great all-rounder shade. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.