Autumn Makeup Look: Bronze Eyes & Berry Lip

Friday, October 30, 2015

via tumblr
This is my current go-to Autumn makeup look, when I have the time to do a full application. It does take a little longer to do, but the end result is worth it. Plus, with a plummy lip and a bronze eye you really can't go wrong.

*Please note that all products used in this post are purchased by me, and opinions are entirely my own.

FACE BASE: After moisturizing your face, apply your primer of choice. I'm currently loving Benefit The POREfessional, because it smoothes over pores and any unevenness in the skin, hydrating enough to not dry out your skin but also very good at keeping your foundation in place. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way; definitely worth it. Next I apply L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24 Hour Foundation (shade #101 Classic Ivory), using a Real Techniques sculpting brush, because it works (this is the best long-lasting, matte foundation for the winter months. The shade range isn't great, but the formula is fantastic. No powder needed.) I dust my cheeks with the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow - this does exactly what it says on the tin, and it is such a lovely product! For eyebrows I fill in the sparse areas and add a bit of shape with 'Faint' from Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette.

EYES: For prime and color in one, I use the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze. Gorgeous shimmery bronze shade, gorgeous texture - and because it is a cream, it will last all day (though maybe not quite 24 hours. Who wears her makeup for 24 hours anyway?). Smoke it out in the corner and crease with a matte brown eyeshadow; I used 'Faint' again. Next I lined my lids quite close to the lashline (but with a kitten flick) with my favorite brown pencil liner, the Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal, and then smudged a bit more of that on the lower lashline and waterline. Curl lashes and apply ample amounts of mascara. My favorite drugstore one is the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom.

LIPS: The famed deep lip! There are so many ways you could take this, but today I'm going with my favorite Rimmel Kate Moss #107. If you want a slightly creamier finish, I know Revlon Black Cherry is a good alternative, and there's the renowned Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain (Parisian Passion) if you want a lipstain or liquid lipstick alternative. Finally, if you're not brave enough to go all in with the vampy look, Revlon's Plum Velour and Maybelline's Blissful Berry are beautiful sheer options.

Let me know if you try out this look/a similar one! I want to see your photos!

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.