AUTUMN / updating you

Wednesday, October 14, 2015




It's Fall break over here (we made it this far and I'm still alive! hurrah!) and I'm pondering all things warm and cosy, even if it does continue to be over 75 degrees on the daily. I figure it's about time to do a life update, because those are good and my favorite part of blogging is chatting with you guys (honestly I think we have the best community here. You are awesome.) Basically, take this as a letter, from me to you, and I want to hear your response. :)

school.
My classes have definitely been heavier than I expected them to be, which is both good and bad news. It's good, because I am loving immersing myself in most of these subjects (British literature, American government, Photography...) - but of course it does mean the majority of my week is spent poring over books which, aside from slowing my recovery from a mild back injury also just makes me a bit housebound. Which isn't my favorite.

dance.
When I do get out of the house, it's more often than not to go to dance. I have little to say on the subject, but it's good and it's good for me and since I always want to pursue excellence, dance definitely falls in that category. Besides, there is something in the pain of pointe, the accomplishment of a long adagio and the soreness on the mornings after that makes everything feel worthwhile. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love the pain.

work.
It's a good and important part to growing up (even if it's not the most fun) and I do really enjoy my workspace. (For more laughs on this subject, click here.)

writing.
I've been writing a bit more again and it feels wonderful. Stay tuned for a bit of Flash Fiction later this week...

life.
I recently tore down about 85% of my old inspiration wall (remember this?) and recreated it with new, cleaner and more apt photos. There's less of it, but I'm loving the clean simplicity and newness of it all. And it's serving its purpose - to inspire - and that's what matters.

food.
I haven't done a food post on here in so long! I have a few series' up my sleeve, but let me know what you think and what you're interested in seeing!

What have you all been up to?

6 comments

  1. Urghhhh school has been absolutely insane, more so than I expected, so writing has slowed down too...I get the feeling this fall is going to be a lot of learning how to manage life all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! I'm sure you'll arrive at that comfortable balance though. Until then, best of luck!

      Delete
  2. I'm finished with all of my highschool courses (this is my senior year) so I'm working on dual crediting college courses. This round certainly isn't the most fun (including biology and algebra) but I'm carrying on.
    We're moving sometime towards the end of November, so that's pretty exciting! It's hard not to wish we could move right.now.

    I'm assuming you're in the same boat as me....are you trying to choose a major and a college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dual enrolling! I would have definitely given it a try if I hadn't been pretty unimpressed with the college classes offered near me. C'est la vie.

      I am looking at colleges & majors, but I haven't come to anything conclusive yet. Honestly, I'm not sure college is the right option for me, but I'll keep you posted as the year goes on...Best of luck in your own endeavors! :)

      Delete
  3. School, for the most part. I took the PSAT today, which was an adventure. Also gearing up for NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standardized testing is never fun, but at least it is over now, for a little while. :)
      NaNoWriMo! I really wish I could join in this year. I'll be cheering all you champions from the sidelines!

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.