The Elegance Files, No. 6: Alexa Chung

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Some of my favorite posts my fellow bloggers have shared have been about their fashion and style icons. I think the people you admire says a lot about you - maybe, like your favorite quotes, more about you than the people themselves. It's you: you've chosen them to emulate, you've chosen the quotes because they speak to you. I think it's fascinating.

Recently, I've been loving Alexa Chung's style (could have a little bit to do with this fascinating Vogue film series, but who knows? ;). I love how she takes pieces that wouldn't normally appeal to me and pairs them with such classic elements that I find myself asking why didn't I think of that? 

Through her bold pairings, muted colors and clean, beautiful makeup she is a perfect example of classy fashion taken to the next step, of being creative, instead of allowing herself to become entrenched in the generic style the word implies. Daring, effective elegance.







Who is your style icon at the moment?

2 comments

  1. I love how Alexa has some menswear inspired pieces, but always looks feminine!
    My style icon changes on the daily x] Jennifer Morrison? Emma Stone? Jenna Coleman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Stone and Jenna Coleman are always in the list. LOVE. ^.^

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.