October Favorites

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

via tumblr
As far as beauty products go this month, I didn't try very many new things. October was such a busy month I found myself slapping on some mascara, eyebrows and concealer more times than I care to admit, so when it came time to actually do a full face of makeup, I've been loving my stash and saving my money. XD

Nontheless, other things have kept me excited this month, and I think they'll make you happy too.

1. Benefit The POREfessional Primer
I've rambled about this enough in the past few posts (and plan on rambling more because WOW.) On the days I am wearing full makeup, this is a must have, and even when I'm just concealing my under-eyes, this product prevents creasing brilliantly. Expensive, yes, but the POREfessional is quickly reaching holy grail status. My skin has actually improved a lot since using this, and it's not even necessarily a skincare product. If that isn't a plug I'm not sure what is! (Not sponsored, I just like the product.)

2. Plaid
I realize I've still not shared a post with my favorite plaid pants yet, or my plaid scarf. Good gracious. Keep your eyes pealed, it won't be long. Nontheless I've been absolutely loving plaid - a real, chunky, textured plaid, not just a cute flannel from Forever 21 - during the month of October. It's probably my favorite of this year's Autumn trends, and I will take it in any and every form. love.

3. Candles
Candles in general are just such a lovely October thing. I love a traditional Yankee Candle in their Vanilla scent.

4. Lotion
As the weather gets colder and our skin gets drier, a good lotion is needed. Bath and Body Works have an overwhelming array of scents, and usually not many to my taste, but a friend gifted me with their "A Thousand Wishes" lotion, which has a lovely warm, sweet scent that isn't too sugary or sickly. I love a lotion that has a subtle fragrance to it; they're a cheeky alternative to carrying around your nice fragrance bottles when you travel.

5. OGX Morroccan Smooth Perfection Blowout Cream
My hair, because the ends are bleached, can get quite dry and brittle especially in the colder months. I received this lotion in a giveaway package back at the end of the summer but didn't reall have a use for it up until now! I like to massage a bit of it into the ends of my hair before I go to bed; I usually braid my hair quite loosely and the result is a nice piecey texture with some loose, defined waves. Very handy indeed.

6. This fashion series with Vogue and Alexa Chung.
Seriously, if you're into fashion in any way, this is such a fascinating insight into the many many jobs in the industry - countless ones that most people (me!) are unaware of. The whole thing is about an hour long, and well worth your time. Highly recommend!

What did you love from the month of October?

4 comments

  1. Plaid is definitely the way to go this season! Recently just purchased two plaid blanket scarves and ugh they're just the best! And candles are definitely a must-have this season as they don't just smell great, but make the atmosphere so much more homey and cozy :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blanket scarves are the best! I wear my all the time. <3

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I...need more plaid. o.0 I'm still trying to figure out this fashion thing because I'm hopeless at it, haha, but I'm starting to piece outfits together and your blog is always so lovely and inspiring to look at. Sounds like you had a wonderful October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no reason why you should feel hopeless about fashion. Wear what you love and love what you wear! :)

      I really appreciate your kind words. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.